Sign in to follow this  
canuckotter

Fantasy AGE party

I posted an orc barbarian a few days back that I was working on. He's one of the characters in the Fantasy AGE campaign I'm running. I bought other models for the other characters but couldn't find anything quite right, so I got as close as I could and figured I'd modify them later. Apparently tonight's the night to start that work... ::): I'd already put brown liner on them before deciding I really was going to modify the figures, in case you're wondering what's going on with them.

(Sorry for crummy pictures, I was experimenting with using my webcam... Man I really need to find that digicam that I know should be kicking around the house somewhere...)

Anyway! First up - 77165 - Hellakin Gorecutter, Halfling Rogue. This is the model I've chosen for the party mage, who for some reason has decided he wants to run around with a morningstar. It's worth noting that the mace is his arcane implement - he channels his magic through it, including healing magic... The most terrifying healer ever. ::P: (Actually the healing spell doesn't need to be channelled through it, we just thought it would be hilarious if his way of healing his friends was to hit them with his morningstar.) I cut off the sword in his right hand and attached a short brass rod, which'll be greenstuffed into a morningstar shortly.

post-14300-0-48738900-1443567501_thumb.jpg

Next is 77218 - Woody Stumpwimple, Halfling Ranger. This is our party rogue. Except he doesn't use a bow, so I've chopped the bow out of his left hand, and I'm in the process of cutting the arrows out of the quiver on his back. The character is in love with his arquebus, and I'm still deciding whether he's going to be holding that in his left hand or if I'll have him holster it on his back (in what used to be the quiver) as if he's Ash or something.

post-14300-0-98314900-1443567521_thumb.jpg

The final member of the party is 77021 - Lindir, Elf Archer. He doesn't require any modifications, so I don't have him with me right now to take pictures... If you want to know what he looks like, go look at the link. ::):

• Like 4

I forgot to mention - if anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the arquebus, I'd love to hear them... I have a brass tube to use as the barrel and it's easy enough to sculpt a wooden stock, I'm just not sure how that little halfling should be holding it... If I put it in his left hand the way it is now, it'll be sticking way out to the side, making the mini fit poorly on the gaming table. I'm worried that if I don't, his left hand'll look a little weird. Any thoughts? Is it worth chopping his arm off at the elbow and trying to resculpt it so he's holding the arquebus up with the butt sitting on the ground? Or maybe leaving the arm the way it is but make the hand be holding the butt of the arquebus and have the barrel be coming up and sort of resting against the front of his shoulder? (Like a modern British palace guard or something.)

• Like 1

I forgot to mention - if anyone has any suggestions on what to do with the arquebus, I'd love to hear them... I have a brass tube to use as the barrel and it's easy enough to sculpt a wooden stock, I'm just not sure how that little halfling should be holding it... If I put it in his left hand the way it is now, it'll be sticking way out to the side, making the mini fit poorly on the gaming table. I'm worried that if I don't, his left hand'll look a little weird. Any thoughts? Is it worth chopping his arm off at the elbow and trying to resculpt it so he's holding the arquebus up with the butt sitting on the ground? Or maybe leaving the arm the way it is but make the hand be holding the butt of the arquebus and have the barrel be coming up and sort of resting against the front of his shoulder? (Like a modern British palace guard or something.)

If you make the Arquebus the same length as the bow, and have him hold it at the 'balance point' of the weapon, which should be just forward of the 'flint lock action' it should be fine. Remember, a halfling will use a shorter weapon than a human. About how people carry an M16 by the grip.... but with his hand around the barrel and stock.

8)

George

• Like 2

Haven't done much with the other guys but I got some work done on the party's ranger(ish)...

post-14300-0-08449700-1444443902_thumb.jpg

Not quite sure what I'm doing with the armour, but so far I'm reasonably happy with how he's going. I even have highlights in the eyes! (Not that it's a great paint job, but still.) So... Any suggestions?

• Like 1