77015, 77231, 77232, 77233: Tabletop Bugbears with Quickshade

Jasper_the_2nd

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And by Quick Shade do you mean the Dip, or the 'inks'? Both are called quick shade, and the 'inks' are enough not like inks that I don't like calling them inks. So my own personal parlance is Dip, and Shades. :lol:

Looking good though! Gotta love done minis!

I meant the dips (although I usually use a brush). Strong tone specifically.

I use the "inks" pretty much on a daily basis for my normal (not dipped) painting; I usually just call them washes. The strong tone and dark tone are very useful.

• Like 1

Wait, some people got their CAV stuff? I haven't heard anything in a while about CAV. Are they finally shipping?

Those are just the ACE early bird ones.  you can tell because they are white. I got them ages ago now...still haven't painted one.  but hey, they made it to the paint table.  After that it's just a matter of time (often months, but still....).

Latest update on the grey CAV stuff from the KS was just last week I think.

I use the brush method as well. I just find it more convenient than needing to find a place to fling the excess off the mini. 

Same (and less chance of me flinging a (nother) fig across the garage when the pliers slip....)

I actually dipped one of these guys and then brushed off the excess like I do the others.  It worked ok, with just a bit bigger puddles.

Can you tell which one?

Only problem I've had with the dip is that I end up mangling the cans trying to get the lid back on once you get some buildup. Which is why both my dark and strong tones are in jelly jars now.

I don't know if I can, but if I was going to guess, it would be the left handed one.

My first back from the dip, I dipped one, and brushed the rest, because I was looking for differences and I couldn't find differences between them... but I'm still curious, because based on how much I see the stuff shrink, I'm wondering if I am brushing enough of the stuff on. Maybe soon I'll get the photos up of my recent Dip experiments. 

• Like 1