Four Different Speed Paints :: Resolutionary Challenge: September

TGP

post-7586-0-91641400-1443665400_thumb.jpg

Yet Another Archer; A Kobold; A Tank; and some Fighter Plane Tokens

post-7586-0-22112000-1443665434_thumb.jpg

The archer is another one to go with some of the previous bowmen. I hope to get a small painted unit of them by the time this is over. He is an old GW plastic.

This guy just sorta got slopped with what ever color was left over after painting some of the other things. He was the use up the  paint miniature. I think his legs are haldardier tabard red from last month's batch of halberd guys. Boots are kobold basecoat brown.

The Kobold is a bonesium version, white plastic, 77010.

I mixed faded purple with some lighter color —fire orange maybe— to get the brown for his basecoat. It did not cover the archer's shoes very well. Later he got drowned in brown liner. The tip of his spear is the same copper that was used to damp brush highlights onto the tank.

The tank and the fighter tokens are 1:1200 scale resin models from Spartan Games.

The basecoat on the tank is kolbold basecoat brown with a lot of brown liner mixed in because it wanted to dry out too soon. Later some pure brown liner got shoved into the deep places and kinda blended in. Then bronzey highlights.

The airplane tokens are responsible for the archer's dingy blue tunic. First paint on them was Black Ink on the edges. Then they got a top coat of Sky Blue, avoiding the tops of the planes (archer got the left overs). Then the then planes got dabbed with metallic either silver or bronze. Then the edges got some silver to pick out the girder work. The final step was to wash them with Blue Liner. I was trying to get some edging and shadows under the planes. I needed to experiment on some of these. I have boat loads of these for the  game they are from.

[edits: Bold Tags; Only one L in kobold, added some paint colors, airplane token steps... ]

Edited by TGP
  • Like 16

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.