Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Four Different Speed Paints :: Resolutionary Challenge: September

post-7586-0-91641400-1443665400_thumb.jpg

Yet Another Archer; A Kobold; A Tank; and some Fighter Plane Tokens

post-7586-0-22112000-1443665434_thumb.jpg

The archer is another one to go with some of the previous bowmen. I hope to get a small painted unit of them by the time this is over. He is an old GW plastic.

This guy just sorta got slopped with what ever color was left over after painting some of the other things. He was the use up the  paint miniature. I think his legs are haldardier tabard red from last month's batch of halberd guys. Boots are kobold basecoat brown.

The Kobold is a bonesium version, white plastic, 77010.

I mixed faded purple with some lighter color —fire orange maybe— to get the brown for his basecoat. It did not cover the archer's shoes very well. Later he got drowned in brown liner. The tip of his spear is the same copper that was used to damp brush highlights onto the tank.

The tank and the fighter tokens are 1:1200 scale resin models from Spartan Games.

The basecoat on the tank is kolbold basecoat brown with a lot of brown liner mixed in because it wanted to dry out too soon. Later some pure brown liner got shoved into the deep places and kinda blended in. Then bronzey highlights.

The airplane tokens are responsible for the archer's dingy blue tunic. First paint on them was Black Ink on the edges. Then they got a top coat of Sky Blue, avoiding the tops of the planes (archer got the left overs). Then the then planes got dabbed with metallic either silver or bronze. Then the edges got some silver to pick out the girder work. The final step was to wash them with Blue Liner. I was trying to get some edging and shadows under the planes. I needed to experiment on some of these. I have boat loads of these for the  game they are from.

[edits: Bold Tags; Only one L in kobold, added some paint colors, airplane token steps... ]

Edited by TGP
  • Like 16

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GlenP
      Howdy all,

This is Tamiya's 1/35 scale Sherman Jumbo - a significantly up-armored Sherman tank designed to be at the head of advancing columns and function as an assault tank. Two hundred and fifty-four were built through the spring and summer of 1944 with the first batches hitting the European front in the fall of '44. All were initially armed with a 75mm gun. A number were later converted to the long barrel 76mm gun because it fired a more effective high-velocity anti-tank round. The Sherman Jumbos served through the end of the war in Europe.

Tamiya's kit dates back to 1987 and is based on Tamiya's standard M4A3 Sherman tank issued in the early 80s. Tamiya added a new larger turret, new armor plates for the upper hull sides, and a new glacis plate for the hull front. Unfortunately, they neglected to provide a new and much larger front transmission cover. Numerous reviews have also mentioned the turret shape and size are off, but I've yet to read/hear where it's off or by how much. I spent some time looking over book and interweb pics and the height of the turret might be a bit low. Maybe. I believe the Jumbo is out of production, but the originall M4A3 is still available. Not worry; new, more detailed and more complex Jumbos are available.

I've built a new transmission cover using the old cover as a foundation, then adding sheets and strips of Evergreen .040 plastic to beef it up. The turret height was raised with .030 strips of plastic between the upper and lower turret halves. Additional details were added to the hull and turret - basically anywhere you see white, copper wire, brass, or green putty. I also used a Dremel tool and a small dove-tail cutter to enhance the very prominent hull weld beads. The case transmission cover and the turret sides were coated with liquid glue (in sections) and stippled with a siff wire brush to replicate the cast texture of the real items. You can see the turret texture in the photo.

The pic shows the mocked up upper and lower hull components and the turret, three of the six bogie wheel assemblies (three more on the other side), the mantlet, and turned aluminum gun barrel. Painting next - any color you want as long as it's olive-by-God-drab.

Qs and Cs welcomed; no secrets here...

• By TripleH
      Finally managed to get a mini off my shelf of shame.

This guy belongs to one of my players the he had asked me to paint up back in 2017. The tunic was kind of a joke, but we decided to run with it. Last game session, he had used the bathroom and everyone was giving him a rough time about needing to have to repaint my bathroom given how long he was in there, and the fact that no one else could use it for the next hour. As suggestions of color schemes were being thrown out, one player suggested pearlescent green. I wasn't too thrilled with that, but it said how about a pearlescent cream color, which made me think of Sophie Champange. So, I grabbed the bottle, gave it a quick shake, put some on my pallette, and showed it off. It didn't seem too appealling on a white pallette, so I grabbed this players mini off the table and slapped a bit on the tunic. The owner of the mini said he really liked the color, so here we go after toning it down a bit with some Agrax Earthshade.

• By GlenP
      This is Tamiya's 1.35 scale Centaur, a 95mm howitzer support tank designed to support British and Canadian troops on D-Day. It's based on the Cromwell I built earlier (Ordnance 2, I think). Apart from drilling out the MG barrels and stowage, it's pretty much out-of-the-box. Aeromaster (no longer in business - ) paint with Reaper MSPs, colored pencils, and chalk pastels for the weathering. The boxes on the engine deck are resin, while the tarp, netting, and small cans are scratch-buit. Still no mud, sorry...

Qs and Cs welcomed. See you on the RC ordnance tables.

Glen

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Theron, a captain in the Hunters Guild team in the game of Guild Ball by Steamforged Games, and that's about all I know about this one.

Quite pleased with this one, had fun painting all the stitching and other doodads.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By PhantomAquarist
      Just finished this Reaper figure today! 

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)