TGP

Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

I checked the list of suggested questions and there are 34 left. So, it looks like I can carry-on another month.

[[  standard rules will appear here on a later edit ]]

• Like 3

Question for Oct 1: What were your breakfast protein options today? and if one of them was not bacon... :down: 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Question for Oct 1: What were your breakfast protein options today? and if one of them was not bacon... :down: 

Wow, I can't believe it's October already, well here goes another month...breakfast, umm bacon, if only! No, it's just a quick bowl of cereal for me (muesli with semi-skimmed milk) and a cup of green tea ...it'll keep me going till lunch  ::): .

• Like 3

I had Oatmeal with cinnamon and palmsugar.

Bacon is next...

• Like 2

Most mornings it's an egg.  This week I have premium hand cut maple and pecan smoked bacon to go with. 

• Like 7

Oct 1: Bacon is actually available to me everyday. I work at a hotel that serves breakfast. The only thing worse than not having coffee available, would be not having bacon.

So I do my best to limit my bacon intake. Otherwise I'd be quite fat by now :lol:

I will probably have toast with eggs for dinner (at 6am, before I go to bed) and frosted mini wheats after I wake up (in the afternoon, breakfast).

• Like 6

Left over pizza, pepperoni and mushrooms. Yummy.

Umm, I love left-over pizza...did you eat it 'as is' or did you dip it in a sauce first (I alternate between BBQ/tomato sauce or mayonnaise)  ::):

• Like 2

Left over pizza, pepperoni and mushrooms. Yummy.

Umm, I love left-over pizza...did you eat it 'as is' or did you dip it in a sauce first (I alternate between BBQ/tomato sauce or mayonnaise)  ::):

More importantly, did you heat it up or leave it cold? :huh:

• Like 4

4 hard boiled eggs.  It is my typical "I'm in a hurry" breakfast.

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      I know Reaper's a little busy right now, but when does the ghoulie bag thing start? I recall it being said that they were doing it again this year and was just wondering when it would start.
    • By TGP
      Welcome to Getting to Know You, December 2018 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions are going to be posted between 8:00 hours and 13:00 hours GMT (UK / Europe Time: some Zero Dark Thirty hour for US time zones)
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... (Or Talespinner, he started it.)
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will usually take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday. 

December will begin ^ with such a question because the month begins on a Saturday. 
    • By SparrowMarie
      So, for October this year I'm going to attempt to paint a mini a day. This will take the place of Minivember probably from now on. November's have just become too busy for me to feasibly paint everyday. This will be called All Minis Eve! I am currently in the process of making an advent calendar for October. I'll post how I'm doing it and progress, I hope to have it done before October so I can kick things off this year. 

How it works: I have tons of minis laying around so unless you want to or don't have enough (is that a problem around here?) minis you won't need to buy any (unless you want to). You will need 31. Once the calendar is assembled 1 mini will go in each felt pouch and you pull one out each day then plan, prep, and paint it. You have that one day to do it. Midnight to midnight. I will not get to pick out my own minis as I will have my Husband do it so it'll be a surprise each day. 

To start I bought: 
      Spooky spider web fabric Adorable ghost ribbon (1.5") Tan felt (three 9"x12" sheets) Black felt (three 9"x12" sheets) Fabric glue  
      I also have handy:
      Sewing needles Orange thread Fabric tape measure Ruler Scissors Fabric pencil Pen/Sharpie  
      I don't yet have a dowel and ends for it or photo transfer paper. I will edit the above later if I've forgotten anything.

Some pictures of materials:

Plans:

Above is a rough sketch of what the layout will be like. I have cut the tan felt into 33- 3"x3" squares and a 3"x9" rectangle. I will take 1 yard of fabric and affix the squares with fabric glue and sew them on as well for extra hold. I will leave several inches free at the top to put the title which I will cut out of the black felt. I will use a piece of ribbon to underline it and then put the squares below. 
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66365-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2016-chatterquestions/
      All the information you need should be here.
      Your challenge is: 4
      Bonus Challenge: Triad
      Because of the typical association with the month, fall, halloween (or whichever name you use for it) in order of Primary - secondary - accent colors: Orange, Purple, Green. And here's where it's interesting - no black or white. The 3, the only 3 families of colors that you may use are oranges, purples, and greens. EX: Highland Moss - doesn't say green, and thus doesn't qualify. Good luck
    • By Chaoswolf
      A long time ago, Ral Partha came out with '3 stage characters'; the same character at low, mid, and high levels. This is the low level female fighter. I have the other 2 as well; you'll see them sooner or later.
      Standard table top paint job.
      Let me know what you think.

• Who's Online   44 Members, 3 Anonymous, 139 Guests (See full list)