Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

It has been a little while since a daily query involved a picture...

IMG_1396x800_zpsafl3p7fp.jpg

That is not my lawn; just one I passed in my travels yesterday.

Question for Oct 11: Have you begun placing Halloweirdness in your front lawn? or is the practice even a thing where you reside?

Well, zombie lawn gnomes and a lawn goblin are standard in MY yard, as are a variety of little solar lights. We did put some calavera lights in the front window, only to find out that you can't make them out from the street; they're just twinkly purple things.

• Like 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Oct 11: Have you begun placing Halloweirdness in your front lawn? or is the practice even a thing where you reside?

We've put a few pumpkins out.  We'll get a few more and carve them up closer to Halloween.  We'll also put some carved clay pots out as luminaries to light our front walk before the Trick or Treaters arrive.

• Like 2

Question for Oct 10: What is your 2nd favorite forum on the internet (presuming that Reaper is #1) and what is it about the other one that draws you there?

I used to go on 'The Craft Forum' regularly as I've run a craft tutorial website for several years, but I haven't been on there for ages since Oathsworn stuff takes up most of my time now.

It's not really a big deal here. The local young kids get dressed up and go trick or treating, so I have a bowl of sweets ready to hand out...one year I did carve a really cool pumpkin, but it got nicked from the front door step! 

• Like 2

I don't have a yard since I live in An eightplex, but the lich king and dracolich skulls are going in my window.

Incidentally, I work at a thrift store where Halloween is our biggest season, so nearly every day is a costume theme day.

• Like 4

My house is green and purple. It is always this color; we did not do it for Halloween. 

d3ef3a6bf76320b78f9d7e56d0bcdbb7.jpg The calavera in the front window is a Halloween thing, though, and not normally an all year decoration.

55b9e06cc0383f48195cbc17fbb32002.jpg Calavera lights and window clings.

4b9dbee4a573b70aaa57201bd0a8bae4.jpg Buglips has guarded the yard for a while now. He's a year round fixture... and is in need of paint.

5091c2cc3584f53fafe00e72f5d0497e.jpg The front rockery is infested with zombies. They're back from the street enough so that no one notices them, weirdly enough, except for the UPS guy...

59aeee6e41fa967202462493c9da2f4b.jpg There is a holdout. I knew I'd find a use for that 1/12 scale Uzi! But they are all in need of paint. Need to recondition them this coming summer...

• Like 10

My house is green and purple. It is always this color; we did not do it for Halloween. 

d3ef3a6bf76320b78f9d7e56d0bcdbb7.jpg The calavera in the front window is a Halloween thing, though, and not normally an all year decoration.

55b9e06cc0383f48195cbc17fbb32002.jpg Calavera lights and window clings.

4b9dbee4a573b70aaa57201bd0a8bae4.jpg Buglips has guarded the yard for a while now. He's a year round fixture... and is in need of paint.

5091c2cc3584f53fafe00e72f5d0497e.jpg The front rockery is infested with zombies. They're back from the street enough so that no one notices them, weirdly enough, except for the UPS guy...

59aeee6e41fa967202462493c9da2f4b.jpg There is a holdout. I knew I'd find a use for that 1/12 scale Uzi! But they are all in need of paint. Need to recondition them this coming summer...

That's very cool!!!

• Like 1

Question for Oct 10: What is your 2nd favorite forum on the internet (presuming that Reaper is #1) and what is it about the other one that draws you there?

FASA Games Forum, since that's where the Earthdawn Forum is. Also Onyx Path Productions' Forum, since that's where the World of Darkness Forum is.

• Like 1

We basically live in a Christmas Village with few practicing Christians, so Halloween is one of our biggest holidays. My wife and I are on a very tight budget, so the only Halloween decorations we have ATM are what I like to call "Zombie Flamingo Apocalypse": We have some pink flamingos terrorized by Skele-flamingos.

• Like 4

OQ11: Haven't down any Halloween decorating; though there are a number of spiders that have been working on it for me.  It's a thing to do here, but I am generally far too lazy to actually do it. 

• Like 2

Q11: some people get right into it, and in the past I've done a bit...carved a pumpkin or two, have a big 3'x3' window things that has a huge purple led light spider. But these days it just comes so fast, I never seem to have anything ready.

I'm in wholesale, so right now I'm doing elf-Ing tasks, for Christmas (started in sept.) so I'm always out of season, it seems. My Halloween period was two months ago.

But I do love to see it when people get right into yard displays - wether Halloween or Christmas it's very cool!

• Like 3

If I put a real pumpkin out now, by Halloween it would be a lovely chewed-up zombie pumpkin (we actually did that one year, stuck a candle in the gaping maw of a squirrel-devoured pumpkin).

I am hoping that with the plastic and foam ones as camouflage we can stick out one or two real ones a week before the holiday.

• Like 4