Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

Oct 10th Q: Technically, Reaper is the 2nd forum I check on any given day.  ::P:  The other ones I visit are The Gaming Den and the Gawker network (Gawker, i09, Jezebel, etc.)

Oct 11th Q: We don't decorate for Halloween.  Our neighborhood doesn't get any trick-or-treaters and we're usually out somewhere else that evening anyway.

Oct 12th Q: No.  I'd rather game designers focus efforts on making new (and better) games than we had in the past, rather than resurrecting something as nostalgia-bait. 

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Oct 12: Is there a game that has gone out of print that you would like to see reissued & produced once again?

AT-43 I really want to see what was in the crocodile from space book and the 2nd edition rules they were previewing when the company went out of business.

• Like 1

Question for Oct 12: Is there a game that has gone out of print that you would like to see reissued & produced once again?

AT-43 I really want to see what was in the crocodile from space book and the 2nd edition rules they were previewing when the company went out of business.

I did not know they went belly up.  ::(:

• Like 1

I did not know they went belly up. ::(:

Yep. You can still find some of the old models on clearance, and some of the designs got folded into Dust, but they are very out of business.

• Like 1

I'm lucky that my college gaming group has a pretty extensive collection of vintage games. I'm not sure there's an OOP game I care about that they don't have a copy of since Crude was been reprinted.

• Like 1

The only one I can think of is Pret-a-Porter, a really heavy economic Euro about the fashion industry. I love heavy Euro games (I'm really an Omni-gamer) and think that it had a really unique theme.

• Like 2

Toon. Definitely Toon.

OMG, I played this twice and loved every second of it.  I don't even think I was role playing most of the time :lol:

I want Fireball Island reissued.  And the original Crossbows and Catapults.  I had so much fun playing with them as a kid.  I remember opening Fireball Island on Christmas Eve as a kid (we each were allowed to open a single present on Christmas Eve) and I always grabbed the biggest box.  My brother and I played it so much my mom had to threaten us to get in bed because if we didn't soon, Santa would have to pass by the house.  Didn't work on me, but had to listen because of my little brother.

• Like 3

Toon. Definitely Toon.

OMG, I played this twice and loved every second of it.  I don't even think I was role playing most of the time :lol:

I want Fireball Island reissued.  And the original Crossbows and Catapults.  I had so much fun playing with them as a kid.  I remember opening Fireball Island on Christmas Eve as a kid (we each were allowed to open a single present on Christmas Eve) and I always grabbed the biggest box.  My brother and I played it so much my mom had to threaten us to get in bed because if we didn't soon, Santa would have to pass by the house.  Didn't work on me, but had to listen because of my little brother.

I still have my original Crossbows and Catapults set.  :poke:

• Like 2

Oh man, there are sooo many.  A ton of the old TSR titles.  Plus a pile of games from Avalon Hill - Squad Leader (the basic version, not Advanced), and the never released Stormovik expansion for Air Force for sure.  And a bunch of SPI titles.  The list can just go on and on . . .

The Egg  

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 2

Toon. Definitely Toon.

BIG NEWS:

Toon (in .pdf format) is available on Warehouse 23 dot com.

• Like 2

I would love to see the Agents of Gaming games Babylon 5 Wars and GROPOS resurrected. They could easily be given different themes to remove the IP issues.

• Like 1

I would love to see the Agents of Gaming games Babylon 5 Wars and GROPOS resurrected. They could easily be given different themes to remove the IP issues.

I played B5 Wars once. We played through one turn of Severed Dreams and thankfully the Churchill was destroyed. Two hours of my life I'll never get back. A Call to Arms, OTOH, is a game I'd be willing to play again.

There are a couple of OOP CCGs I'd like to see remade (B5CCG being one of them), but they'd probably need enough revamping that my old cards would be useless, so I'm not sure how good an idea that really is.

• Like 1