Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

Question for Oct 12: Is there a game that has gone out of print that you would like to see reissued & produced once again?

Toon. Definitely Toon.

I based my character off the Pulveriser aka Punisher from the "What the? " line from Marvel. His power was I could pull any gun from shorts (it had a teleport just for guns). I did fumble once & my fellow to on appeared. It was very ackward to say the least. He also had anther power. A catalog called "guns guns & more guns." It was anther item but I could get stuff like a van & such. Kicker was I needed to mail it off & wait....

Game oofp hmmmm not sure there is one. I did like West End Games Star Wars.

• Like 1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Oct 12: Is there a game that has gone out of print that you would like to see reissued & produced once again?

Sadly, no.

There are lots of games that I used to play and remember fondly.  And if they got reissued, I would be happy from an academic point of view.  But the reality is that, even if they got reissued, I probably wouldn't buy them simply as I don't have the time to play those games anymore.  Besides, game design has changed so much over the years that I would probably prefer a more modern version anyway.

• Like 3

Computer: City of Heroes. Of course, if that happened, ya'll may not see me again.  :ph34r:

Tabletop: Don't know. Most everything these days, even if OOP, can still be played, and if you don't have the rules you can use another system such as D20.

• Like 4

Guindy inspires today's question...

It appears that half the job took today off because the corps is out due to the most pointless holiday ever*. It's a ghost town around here. I mean, usually I'm rather fond of ghost towns...but on a Monday morning, it just makes me want to be back in bed.

ETA: *in America. I just saw that today is also Canadian Thanksgiving, which I was not intending to besmirch. I was referring to Columbus day. Which I think should be replaced with Columbo Day, that would be far more fun.

Yesterday was a holiday (for some). But not necessarily the same holiday for all that did celebrate it. So an Italian, working for Spaniards, found a few islands, full of 'Indians', so-called, because he mistakenly thought he had sailed all the way to the East coast of India, somewhere near the fabled mouth of the Ganges....and some of us got a holiday out of the deal.

No Mail..! :mellow:  

I heard on radio some people celebrated Indigenous Americans Day.  :bday: ?  :unsure: So...

• Like 2

Computer: City of Heroes. Of course, if that happened, ya'll may not see me again. :ph34r:

Tabletop: Don't know. Most everything these days, even if OOP, can still be played, and if you don't have the rules you can use another system such as D20.

Loved coh/ov. Thou I didn't as much once they introduced the auction house for some reason. Main character was built using the huge body type & rock powers. His backstory was he was a cowboy on the pbr tour when he was bitten by a radioactive cow & that gave him his powers.

Q13 what holiday? (I don't celebrate Columbus). As far as a holiday kids went back to school. They have been off since Thursday last week thanks to parent-teacher conferences. So that in itself is a holiday for me. :lol:

• Like 2

Question for Oct 13: Did you "celebrate" a holiday yesterday, if so, honoring what? or who? and was it a useless one?

I dunno, I heard that there was this guy, and he thought you could get to the 'Far East' by sailing west, or something like that. Where he ended up was in the Bahamas. I'm pretty sure he got the better end of THAT deal. Oh, and he got a day named after him, here in 'Murica.

• Like 1