Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If beer is not your thing the answer would be a 0.

I have a feeling Beer was a previous topic (maybe) so a 33 Quatloo bonus if anyone can dig up the original instance. Feel free to add detail if you don't feel it is TMI or omit detail if it is TMI. If your answer is... 

...there is no requirement to explain whether you are simply out or that you don't touch the stuff.

But feel free to mention your favorite(s) if you like.

My answer is: 10 total, 4 different varieties.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

Question catch up.....

Holiday, yes - Turkey Day, some call Thanksgiving. 2 dinners, much wine. Good reason for a day off.

Game - out of print - nope

Question for Oct 14: Topic/Beer....How much is in your fridge right now?

0 - I go for red wine, which I have about 3 bottles in stock. Make that 2 and a bit...

• Like 3

We have 5 bottles of beer in the fridge at the moment ... left over from the recent family Bingo & Quiz night. There are 3 x Desperados and appropriately we have 2 Badger beers, a Firkin Fox a Fursty Ferret  :;):

beer.jpg

• Like 3

0, though I do have a 2/3 full bottle of Disaronno, some sour mix, and a few bottles of ginger beer. Mmmmmm...amaretto sours and amaretto gingers.  :wub:

• Like 3

I have one bottle of radler in the fridge. Bought a six pack a while ago, but I don't drink much and since wifey can't drink now it's been up to me to clear out the fridge.

There was a bottle of pear and ginger cider in there too, but I drank that tonight.

• Like 2

1 Samuel Adams Oktoberfest

2 Mirror Pond Pale Ale

1 Colorado Native Amber Lager

So 4. We tend to buy beer irregularly, and the local grocery has a huge selection of them. I don't think I've bought the same beer for more than five years now, not counting what the wife finds to drink while on vacation.

Then there's Old Chicago's. I try a new beer each time we go. But that wasn't part of the question.

• Like 2

I'm confused about Columbo Day.

A play on words. Columbo was a TV show from the 80s. A gumpy, trenchcoat wearing detective, solving mysteries in his own curmudgeonly way. My mom loved that show.

As well as Matlock and Murder She Wrote :lol:

0. I only buy beer when Hubby is planning on boiling some bratwursts in it. And then I just get a dark beer with the spiffiest label :lol:

• Like 6

Upstairs fridge:  3 beers, 2 ciders.

Basement fridge:  29 beers, 5 varieties.  10 ciders.

Mayflower Porter, Sam's Oktoberfest, Sam's Harvest Pumpkin, and two craft stouts.  I think there may be a Rebel IPA in there too from the summer.

• Like 4

Remaining Questions, Part One. I'll get caught up. On account of all the hospital trips.

1. Breakfast Protein: Probably a poorly hard boiled egg. Maybe bacon if it was a weekend.2
  2. What Halloween minis are you hoping might crop up in the promotional bags starting on the 4th? Forest Golem, Wall of fire, Something halloween themed, maybe.
  3. How many months have you been following or participating in these "Getting to Know..."; daily question threads? Maybe a few months. Gotta get that post count up. Also, gotta get my face out there.
  4. 4. Do you know how to find the older "Getting to Know..."; daily question threads? NoBonus Question for Oct 4: Today is a significant anniversary—do you know what it is, without looking it up? Yes. It is the anniversary of the worst day in my entire life. Also my mother's birthday. RELATED.\

5. I have no response to this question.

6. Would you accept a ticket for a ride in a passenger Zeppelin if such craft made a comeback? Provided it was not lead, the Hindenburg or explosive, Most likely. I bet it would be exhilarating.

7. What is a random memory from your trip through high school? We had a wooden statue of the virgin mary, and all the fingers were constantly being broken off. Also, I still have no idea why I went to catholic school for only two years. Also, I was baptized against my will. Good times.

8. How does it feel to have survived the end of the world? About the same as it did in the year 2000. Or that time the world ended because my wife ate too many coffee crisps. Or the time the world ended…

9. Three days ago McDonald's rolled out 24 hour breakfast anytime of the day. They sure did. I don't eat at McDonalds if I can help it. And not for health concerns or any of those… radical food policies. I just don't like them that much. I guess the Mc-Whatever-comes-with-cheese-and-sausage… is ok. I guess eating that around the clock makes sense, but you still can't get a milkshake after midnight here.

Edited by Adept Legacy
  • Like 4

Remaining Questions Part two

10. What is your 2nd favorite forum on the internet (presuming that Reaper is #1) and what is it about the other one that draws you there? I guess it would have been gaia online. I don't know why I still have an account there. Maybe it is because there was a three month stretch where I might have been a millionaire if I could sell it.

11.Have you begun placing Halloweirdness in your front lawn? or is the practice even a thing where you reside? Oh my yes. The ghosts have gone up and the skulls. It wasn't so much a thing before, but the kids didn't come to the door. It will be an ever escalating madness from this year on. Even with diabetes, and no formal "faith" it's a celebration I am keeping. They were starting to be set up on the first of the month.

12. Is there a game that has gone out of print that you would like to see reissued & produced once again? Arch Rival. Something terribad happened to my original copy. You have an arch. You put funny looking pieces in. Eventually one of your friends destroys it to their great shame.

13.Did you "celebrate" a holiday yesterday, if so, honoring what? or who? and was it a useless one? No but I am ever so concerned that October is __________ awareness month, and there seems to be about 4000 things to fill that blank, and every day of the calendar year it Is at least one specific cause day. Kind of hard to get excited about most of them.

Edited by Adept Legacy
  • Like 4