Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Oct 14: Topic/Beer....How much is in your fridge right now?

1 bottle of Sandborn Bier

1 bottle of Odin-Trunk

Both of the above are imported beers from Germany. I got them from Northworld International.

1 Bottle of hard Root Beer.

I haven't tried any of them yet.

• Like 2

11 bottles in 5 varieties right now.

3 Leinenkugel Grapefruit Shandy

3 Hefeweizen (Harpoon, maybe?)

3...something or other my wife wanted

1 750ml bottle from a local brewery

1 750ml bottle Dogfish Ancient Ale, Etrusca Bronze

• Like 3

No beer here... I've tried several different ones, but I haven't liked one yet. Some of them taste too.... thin? Too light and bitey? And others start out amazing but the aftertaste is bleeech.

We drink whisky and tequila instead. So we don't drink much... Gets expensive. 

• Like 4

Usually zero. We buy beer for parties and camping and the next party isn't until...Friday. Better buy some beer!

We do have a bottle of homemade cranberry mead, however.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 5

Maybe 2 bottles? I basically don't drink any more beyond the occasional sip of my wife's beer (especially if she's having Double Chocolate Stout!) and she mostly drinks wine, which I can't drink (at least not without migraine + severe depression) so there's rarely much beer around any more.

• Like 1

There are a few bottles of Dirty Little Freak (chocolate, coconut, caramel beer), but those will probably be thrown out as it turns out the stuff is terrible. I just thought since I like all those flavors, maybe it would be good. But no. No no no. It's not. 

Typically, I will have a few bottles of some Purple Haze in the fridge. Also, wine. Local muscadine wines typically.

Edited by MGMPainting
  • Like 2

Maybe 2 bottles? I basically don't drink any more beyond the occasional sip of my wife's beer (especially if she's having Double Chocolate Stout!) and she mostly drinks wine, which I can't drink (at least not without migraine + severe depression) so there's rarely much beer around any more.

Does it have a yellow label with a bunny on it? If so, that stuff is awesome.

One bottle of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.  So far so good.  Normally there's a rotation of Guinness, Killians, and Yeungling, depending on my whim at the store after having run out earlier that week or month.

I tend to be careful with beer - I hate the taste of hops and too many beers taste like barely-dissolved Ricola cough drops.

• Like 3

There are a few bottles of Dirty Little Freak (chocolate, coconut, caramel beer), but those will probably be thrown out as it turns out the stuff is terrible. I just thought since I like all those flavors, maybe it would be good. But no. No no no. It's not. 

Typically, I will have a few bottles of some Purple Haze in the fridge. Also, wine. Local muscadine wines typically.

Purple Haze... oh, gods, I couldn't spit it out fast enough. It tasted like cough syrup. 

• Like 2