Getting to Know Each Other --- October Edition

TGP

Question for Oct 14: Topic/Beer....How much is in your fridge right now?

Although I barely drink anymore, I actually have a lot of alcohol at home...I just don't typically drink it. Never been a beer drinker though, although back when I drank heavily there weren't all these fancy beers. I've been occasionally tempted to buy ones that look interesting... but then knowing me, I'd probably think better of it after getting home and leave it in the fridge for the rest of time.

I know for sure that I have 3 beers in my fridge at home, some ale of some sort. They were put there by a guest when I had my house warming at my apartment... like 4 years ago. I should probably throw those out. ::P:

• Like 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Oct 13: Did you "celebrate" a holiday yesterday, if so, honoring what? or who? and was it a useless one?

I celebrated Pumpkin Spice Day* by taking half the day off and drinking a Venti Pumpkin Spice Mocha, eating a pumpkin donut, and enjoying an awesome Imperial Stout w/ Pumpkin called Southern Tier Warlock.

*pumpkin spice has done much more for global happiness than Columbus ever did.

If you can find it you may want to try adding New Holland Ichabod to the next observance of this holiday :P

I will certainly check that out. One of the stores here in Charlottesville carries lots of specialty beers so I bet they would have access to it.

I think there is a single bottle. We were gone this weekend and have not made it to the store; however, beer never lasts long in our fridge anyway (and our two states of wine bottle seem to be unopened and empty).

Favorites: anything Imperial Stout (especially Dark Hollow from Blue Mountain Brewery), coffee stouts, almost anything pumpkin. Really like Porters and Brown Ales, too. The only type I don't dig are the really hoppy IPAs (which seems to be all that grocery stores in central VA carry).

Edited by paedia
  • Like 2

Had the day off and spent it with family. Our school district called it "Fall Day."

As for CoH/V, I played that game from beta through most of everything (I think I left for a totsl of 6-8 months before it went free, then returned). I would love to see it return. I would settle for the character builder...that thing was great! I have about a dozen 50s, but my mains were eiyher radiation or kinetic controllers or defenders (Faithful Fans of Fallout and Pinball Wizards!)

*ahem*

Titan Icon

Paragon Chat

*cough*

:ph3ar:

• Like 1

OQ14: I'm not home to count, but I'd roughly estimate 10 beers and 2-3 ciders.  Beers are mostly Sam Adams Oktoberfest at this point, but there are a couple randoms thrown in for good measure.  I'll give an exact accounting when I get home tonight.

If I remember.

• Like 2

I'm confused about Columbo Day.

A play on words. Columbo was a TV show from the 80s. A gumpy, trenchcoat wearing detective, solving mysteries in his own curmudgeonly way. My mom loved that show.

As well as Matlock and Murder She Wrote :lol:

Although, being "confused about Columbo Day" seems appropriate, as Detective Columbo passed himself off as a harmless, slightly confused, nearly incompetent detective, all while being a nearly brilliant detective underneath it.

• Like 6

Didn't get a chance to look at them more specifically, but we have 89 in the fridge counting the ciders.

Most are Blue Moon (two types), Shock Top (a half dozen types or more), Angry Orchard, Coors Light, Kirkland Variety (a few types), Bud Light, Four Peaks (two types), Guinness Extra Stout, and Sam Adams (a half dozen or more types).

I swear we aren't alcoholics. We just like to keep the fridge stocked. In an average weeks, we probably only drink 5-6 beers total between my wife and I.

• Like 6

Had the day off and spent it with family. Our school district called it "Fall Day."

As for CoH/V, I played that game from beta through most of everything (I think I left for a totsl of 6-8 months before it went free, then returned). I would love to see it return. I would settle for the character builder...that thing was great! I have about a dozen 50s, but my mains were eiyher radiation or kinetic controllers or defenders (Faithful Fans of Fallout and Pinball Wizards!)

*ahem*

Titan Icon

Paragon Chat

*cough*

:ph3ar:

You are an amazing person!

• Like 1

There are a few bottles of Dirty Little Freak (chocolate, coconut, caramel beer), but those will probably be thrown out as it turns out the stuff is terrible. I just thought since I like all those flavors, maybe it would be good. But no. No no no. It's not. 

Typically, I will have a few bottles of some Purple Haze in the fridge. Also, wine. Local muscadine wines typically.

Purple Haze... oh, gods, I couldn't spit it out fast enough. It tasted like cough syrup. 

LOL To me, purple haze is not sweet, and not too bitter. 

• Like 1