Warlord and Reaper Dark Heaven Miniatures Stolen

Lord Baasen

This may be clutching at straws, but you never know.

Way early this morning I did something incredibly stupid and left big three boxes of Warlord and Reaper DHL miniatures unattended at a local gaming convention.

This morning they were gone. I relied too much on the unspoken honour of gammers. I only blame myself.

I only ask if you hear of anyone who is trying to unload a huge amount (over $500) of out-of-the-box miniatures, please contact me.

Thankfully I base my miniatures in a non-standard way, so they are easy to identify.

I am keeping my eye on EBay for [forgive the arrogance] the well painted ones.

On the bright side I do get to rebuild my Necropolis army just the way I want to now.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I cannot help but feel, in the depths of my heart, that my dear fellow man is essentially trash." -- Sigmund Freud

I feel for ya, man. I was robbed recently as well. Gym class, after I'd changed, somebody went through my pockets, found my wallet, extracted my money and put the wallet back.

Yea, it's a feeling of "Oh man, don't you people have mothers?!".

This is why I could never be a supervillian. Mom would show up and tell me that she did not raise me to destroy cities and kidnap sidekicks.

With a slight sniffle she would say "I'm not upset, just terribly dissappointed".

Of course even the most vile supervillian would never make their mother cry. Evil is evil but making your mom cry is say too much.

Sorry, it may read weird that I'm joking around, but if I don't I fear I may start screaming.

Yea, it's a feeling of "Oh man, don't you people have mothers?!".

This is why I could never be a supervillian. Mom would show up and tell me that she did not raise me to destroy cities and kidnap sidekicks.

With a slight sniffle she would say "I'm not upset, just terribly dissappointed".

Of course even the most vile supervillian would never make their mother cry. Evil is evil but making your mom cry is say too much.

Sorry, it may read weird that I'm joking around, but if I don't I fear I may start screaming.

No one would blame you if you did start screaming, dude. I know I wouldn't. heck, I'm still spittin mad about it myself. You had some great pieces, man. And I myself was very much looking forward to the tournament! I'm really hoping I catch word of the lil asshat(s) that ganked your stuff. Because like you, I'd make a horrible supervillan. But would (and have, actually) make a fantastic anti-hero...

It may be a longshot, but, maybe someone turned them into the lost and found.

I would have hoped for better manners from fellow gamers though if they were stolen. If they were taken, I hope the theif is caught and beaten to a bloody pulp.

"Stealing is wrong: The IRS hates competition"

Today and late into the night, I was at a indoor track meet with my high school, and one of my teammates had a pair of running shoes stolen while they were doing their event. The world is crazy out there. I feel for you, I too have had stuff stolen.

We had an incident at the LGS yesterday where it appeared someone had stolen an 8-year-old boy's GBA SP. We (meaning the regular customers) were going to put the place in a lockdown and search every bag in the place but mysteriously as soon as we started making that intention public it turned up on one of the product shelves.

People, in general, suck.

We had an incident at the LGS yesterday where it appeared someone had stolen an 8-year-old boy's GBA SP.  We (meaning the regular customers) were going to put the place in a lockdown and search every bag in the place but mysteriously as soon as we started making that intention public it turned up on one of the product shelves.

People, in general, suck.

Yea, large gatherings will always have one or two bottom-feeders in it. It's the way of things. But for every lame-mass there's at least 100 people who are incredibly cool and supportive. With a 100:1 ratio, that's pretty darn good.

Sorry to hear that, that really sucks. Good idea posting this on the boards. Chances are one of us would see it if the bastar- thief tries to sell it on line. I assume you are also posting this on other painting boards.

It saddens me to think of all the time, energy and love that goes into painting an army lost because someone is just thinking of themselves.

Do you have a photo of any of the unit pieces?

Oh - that is just horrible LB. :down: And I was so looking forward to the posts of pics of your games with Kelcore.

I read on another thread that you had purchased all Warlord models (except for about 3 of them). Did you have all of them in the boxes or only your Necropolis army?

What a rotten thing to happen, some people are such... ::(:

did you check the lost and found as someone suggested?

do you have pictures, like [email protected] said so we know what to look for?

debby :mellow:

That sucks but I have never "heard" of an unspoken code of honor amongst gamers, not anymore then the average public anyway. Gamers know the usefulness of those sorts of things, most gamers want miniatures, almost all of them realise how much they could be worth if sold, and so on. I won't even walk out of my LGS unless one of my players is there attending our stuff.

Oh - that is just horrible LB.  :down: And I was so looking forward to the posts of pics of your games with Kelcore.
Fear Not Deb, this has only momentarily delayed our demo gaming.

I read on another thread that you had purchased all Warlord models (except for about 3 of them).  Did you have all of them in the boxes or only your Necropolis army?
All of them. I had all of my models there to play the tournament the next morning.

did you check the lost and found as someone suggested?
Yup, checked Lost and Found, all of the trash bins and garbage bins. Nothing.

do you have pictures, like [email protected] said so we know what to look for?
I'll have pictures up soon. Thankfully I was a convention the weekend before and videotaped my painted miniatures.

I feel for you, bro. On the other hand, Isn't it kinda cool to know your painting skills have reached the point where people will brave a beating and/or pressing of charges to get ahold of you painted minis?.

But yeah, all of us could go withouth such encouragement...