Here we are, a new month and a new (or old) set of goals to achieve.

I'm going to try to be realistic here with how fast I paint, but there are things I have to get done by deadlines.

• Catacombs Barbarian - Want to get him done by the 15th so that I can enter him into a contest ran by Catacombs. Done!
  • Figure Exchange (on the side) with a friend coming to Vegas next month. - Starting on it
  • Figure Exchange (on the side) with another friend, this is a 2-figure vignette. - Haven't started
  • Work on the 54mm Figure for the 54mm+ challenge. - Didn't get a chance
  • Work on my brother's VERY late diorama, gotta pick away at it. - No additional work.
Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 4

Oh October! Should be a calm month (relatively). Lets see if I can make a realistic list.

• Finish Fall Exchange by monday Oct 12.
  • Finish COMPLETELY D&D figures.
  • Photograph, edit and post on finish figures.
  • Complete back story for barbarian Sith
    • Finish drawing of his Light-Ax
  • Continue plotting out SW Campaign
    • Take concrete steps to find players.
  • Look into my budget to get a Back-to-base-ix paint rack(s).
    • Re-plan new desk layout.
  • DO NOT purchase any miniatures on impulse.

That should be manageable in small chunks

• Like 7

28 old west figures for post Thanksgiving game day.

7 Renegades, 7 Banditos, 7 Lawmen and 7 Outlaws.  Also 5 more horses to paint.  All are primed and about a third are half done.  Still for me it will be a challenge.

After that I have the other 60 minis to paint for my friend.  (not counting the other 2/3rds of the bones that are not done yet.)

• Like 8

I quit doing this for a while out of frustration with being bottlenecked on Bloodbowl minis.  Going to give it another go.

Finish Halloween Contest entry  10/5 - YAY!  This was the biggie on my list.  I started it last month and really wanted it done by the firs week of October so I could get to others.

Paint a mini representing my Champions character in the new game we're starting.  REALLY pleased to have finished this one despite not having touched the Critter Commandos with just a few days to go.  Wound up doing something really interesting with real water effects and junk from a nail art kit to simulate "power armor" made from gemstones.  It's not a prize worthy finish, but given the difficulty of it and the fact I totally winged it, I'm taking "good enough" as a win at this point.

Paint 2 turtles from my son's Critter Commandos

Leaving my list modest to get back into the swing of posting (and hopefully meeting) goals.

Edited by Matbar
  • Like 6

I think the best thing to do is set realistic goals with how fast/slow you paint. So I know I can get 4-6 done per month if I sit down at my desk and work, it's a matter of motivation sometimes. I know others do 1-2 per month and still others can kick out 1-2 per day easily. 

• Like 6

- Finish exchange figure before next week

- Ship it before the deadline

- Order new Reaper stuff

- Start painting the Neth-y I'm gonna get

- Maybe go to Artist-Con

• Like 6

Goals?  Um..I suppose I need to finish painting my hippogryph conversion (pics in WIP).

And I've got a request for a dream/fantasy library that I need to at least plan out and get building (thanks to minibart for some extra inspiration).

Finish some commission Wood Elves and Dryads and a treeman.

That's probably plenty for October with my record of completion...

• Like 5

Got most of my September goals complete.   So this month I will goes easy, but with a local convention that I am in charge of and a big trip at the end of the month, I don't know if I will get to any of this:

1.  6 5 sets of Settlers of Catan markers for a friends Christmas present    1 down 10/10

2.  Regular Martha Jones and the Maid version as well as a dozen armed school boys for my Dr Who game

3.  2 mini-exchanges that 2 very well meaning folks have obliged my to paint (not that I mind, just a lot to do this month) 

4.  Thundar the Barbarian and Ariel - buddy's game on the back burner (so is the painting)

5.  More Neverborn for my Malifaux crew  -  9 Terror tots 10/26

Edited by herzogbrian
  • Like 5

My goal is to paint another 8. I am almost finished with the Freebooter huntress, do that should be an easy one. I want to start on Tom Meier's teddy bear picnic, but I suppose I should work on some of the larger figures first....

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NomadZeke
      Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge again, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1. (not yet updated for the CAV II figures)

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little or not as much as one would like, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, post in the bi-monthly thread and include the tag RPChallenge

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Year long challenge
      Pick a miniature of size large or greater to complete in the Jan-Feb Block. In Nov-December, purchase that same mini and repaint in the same scheme to see direct side-by-side improvement or changes in your methods

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84372-january-february-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85335-march-april-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 8 https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86376-may-~-june-rpchallenge/
      July/August: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87162-julyaugust-rpchallenge/
      Sept/Oct: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88521-september-thru-december-rpchallenge/
      Nov/Dec: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88521-september-thru-december-rpchallenge/

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

The Last quarter of the year 2019 because real life is a bugbear sometimes.

Your challenge is: 18!

Bonus Challenge: 1!
      Fall! Paint a mini that has fallen over (for whatever reason) (Pompeii guy works for this too!)

Bonus Challenge: 2!
      This is Halloween! - Paint a mini using only colors that have black, orange, and purple in the name. You may also use the paints available from this year's ghoulie bag.

Bonus Challenge: 5!
      Festive feast - Since both US And Canada have their Thanksgiving in this time bracket - paint up a mini (figure or terrain) to have some food being presented, if you can do a drinking vessel to be painting like a full glass, even better!

Bonus Challenge: 4!
      For-lack-of-a-better-idea- December 15th is national Cat Herders' day! Paint a tabaxi, or any other mini featuring a feline. (It's a real holiday, go ahead, look it up)

Hard Mode Challenge 1!
      Jack-o-lantern's light - Paint a mini where the only source of light would be coming from inside a jack-o-lantern. Pumpkin may be part of the mini/base or sculpted

Hard Mode Challenge 2!
      Under Wraps- Paint a mini so that anything that any non-flesh (armor-weapons-cloth-etc) looks like it's patterned wrapping paper. This is assuming a humanoid figure. Dragons or such apply the same challenge to the whole body.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Sirithiliel
      Neat sculpts, the next KS is going to be fun

I wish Reaper's breakdown of judging criteria actually reflected how high bases score. Looking at their little percentage breakdown, you would never know that the base was so important . 
    • By SilentCircle
      Greetings and Salutations fellows Miniature Hobbyists! 

I have been seeking Online Miniatures Painting Contests, if any exist, and have all but come up short!

I am familiar with many of the competitions which are available for “In Person” entries only, but I’m extremely limited on my availability to travel. 

I am a novice painter. I use miniature painting to help with my PTSD. I was told that there are competitions which one could submit entries online, but I have had little to no luck finding any that are up and coming, or still exist at all.

Can anyone please assist? Thank you in advance! ✌️
    • By NebulousMissy
      I'm running an adventure. I'm running an adventure that starts with a ball. A ball full of NPCs. Half are important, half die in the first few sessions. How to keep my players from distinguishing?

Paint them all. Aaaaall of them. I have kept myself to less than 3 hours per mini.

First, High Strategos Maxillar Pythareus.

He's #77200 Sir Conlan

The blue and green, while visually dull, will be a recurring theme among the NPCs. The kingdom's heraldry is a gold crown and white lion over a blue and green field. 
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 136 Guests (See full list)