Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Ulfred, Hasslefree Miniatures

...after a vacation with a Hasslefree Miniature: Ulfred

Did the two of you have a fun time? Where did you go?

::P:

• Like 4

We had a great time in South Carolina!

I was that dangling modifier when I previewed the post and wondered if anyone would post something about it :)

Dude, don't let his wife find out!

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/img_cms/product_images/H105%20Haleth%20composite.jpg

(He's posed to be watching her take care of business)

Another great sculpt by Kev White. I'm eagerly anticipating her metal release. I also think I remember reading that there is a action version of Ulfred coming in the future. I really want one of those.

Most definitely Bad elf...he reminds me of one of the Saxon leaders from King Arthur. You did a FINE job bringing out the miniature's innate nastiness...GREAT paint job. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Really bold, and I love the limited palette you chose. Great attitude!

I love Hasslefree's stuff -- a lot of character without overwhelming detail. Gonna have to order some one of these days.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild Gryphkin Set.
      ( more options possible hands/weapons are modular)
      These are 3D prints I printed on the Elegoo Mars.

Gryphina
      ( WARNING LINKED FOR NUDITY)

https://i.postimg.cc/nh8xSSsJ/20200807-162214.jpg

Infiltrators

High Gryphkin Archer

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Vytau
      So here is one of two converted Kang, Half-Orcs (02514) I've done.  Pretty sure I posted the other one around here somewhere...maybe I'll try to dig it up later for a side-by-side. 

Anyway, here goes:  

Kang Half-Orc converted to carry a Reaper Bow in his left hand  and a battleaxe in his right (the plastic Bones 3 weapon sprues).  Also has a shield (a GW bit from a really old Brettonian knight) and a GW quiver (Mordheim / Empire free company).   Shield painted purple and yellow because I like color and I get bored painting "realistic" neutrals & darks & such.  As always, my mini photography skills are complete butt thanks in part to using a really cheap light box and a really cheap camera phone.  

99% reaper paints:  Olive triad mixed with scholar flesh, pure black and white, woodland brown, ashen brown, white metal triad, various washes. 

This mini actually has kind of a weird story.  

This mini represents my character Zarkosh Bowyer in a short Wildemount campaign.  This campaign is being played 100% online thanks to COVID-19, so he is 100% unnecessary.  Same goes for another mini I painted (Duke Gerard in Bones and Metal) which was for a DIFFERENT 100% online campaign.  But that's only part of the backstory. 

I actually BOUGHT this miniature back in like 2004.  I bought two of him - my friend & roommate and I decided to play Barbarian brothers from the same tribe.  I converted and painted mine to carry a war hammer and a shield.  My roommate never got around to doing anything with his, and so it went back in my "Someday" box.  

For sixteen years. 

Anyway, I finally got around to doing something with the mini - hopefully, Zarkosh does better in this campaign than the previous character incarnating the mini did in his!  

May come back and tidy up some edges & half-tones, may not.  Don't know how much more time I want to give this one.  Probably won't get TONS better than it is now, so here we go. 

• By lazarp
      Quick and easy speedpaint. Thanks for looking!

• By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• Who's Online   29 Members, 3 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)