Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: The Latest Adventurers

There's no major theme between this set, other than that they'd make one strange adventuring party.

First off we have the LATEST version of Ajaxxus Skiotho, Tiefling Barbarian.  I think he's been re-done more times than I've actually played him:

post-390-0-95926400-1444099467_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-58402800-1444099469_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-00846000-1444099471_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Another redone piece:  A Stonehaven Half-Orc Paladin with a reswapped weapon.  I wasn't a big fan of the cleaver; he now has a Stormcast Eternal Hammer, and his former mallet has been donated to Ajaxxus Skiotho, seen above.

post-390-0-50462900-1444099584_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-20704200-1444099586_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Nice work on all of em but really like the aarcockra. The mix of parts on that is pretty neat to read & seeing it all together makes a great mini (seen your description on book of Face's Reaper group)

• Like 1

Nice work on all of em but really like the aarcockra. The mix of parts on that is pretty neat to read & seeing it all together makes a great mini (seen your description on book of Face's Reaper group)

Thanks!

For those who are curious and without Facebook: the body is Reaper's "Juliette, Wizard (Bones version)", the head is from a Mage Knight Wereraven, the wings are from a Hawkman from HeroClix, and the feet are from a Kroot.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrokenWolf668
      I put a ton (80+ hours) of time into these guys for my best friend's Christmas present. There's some more detailed pics on my Instagram feed, same name as mine is here.

Close up of the boss's hammer, plus the special case I did.

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Finished him rather quickly because he was a breeze to paint. No assembly required is always welcome.
      Only complaint I might have is these reaper models with already sculpted thick bases that I have to try and work around to base the figure myself. 
      Steals away some of the creativity and fun.

• By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• By Lidless Eye
      I figured it was time to work on some Elves.  They're definitely the smallest part of my painted collection.

The first batch is all from Reaper Miniatures.  

These are the metal ones:

The Drow who snuck in (from the box of Goodwill, no less)

More from Reaper, but this time in Bones:

And the others.  Mostly Stonehaven

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)