• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, McKenna and Guindyloo.  McKenna, yes, it's a full figure.  Here's a photo I snapped before I started painting.  I just haven't painted anything below his torso, so no point in showing that in the photos.

N27.JPG

There's still a lot of parts to this figure which I haven't attached.  The way they're layered means I've got to do the figure in stages and assemble while I paint.  Here's what is still left in the box

S04.JPG

• Like 10

Yeah, that's always fun trying to get everything together and hoping there aren't too many gaps to fix and re-paint!  Doesn't look like that'll be too much of a problem with this one.  I hate it when you've got to get two arms and a weapon to align.  Anyway, looking forward to watching your progress on this one.   :;):

• Like 2

Jasonator, you mean Pegaso Models?  Yeah, I love their stuff.  Really nice display figures.  Of course, for the quality and the size you're going to be paying more.  It's not quite as bad when you consider I'm painting my 6 or so a year.  Plus I managed to pick this one up at about half the normal retail price... so that was some nice savings!  By the way, you mentioned the busts.  If you like that sort of thing, check out Young Miniatures.  I really love the stuff they make.

McKenna, yeah, gap filling always a risk when trying to assemble while you paint.  I did dry fit most of the pieces, so what I have left should be okay.  His neck and left arm required a bit, so that was done before I started to paint.  The only gap on the right arm will get covered by the armor.  Looks like when I put the armor around his waist on it will require a bit of filling... but I don't see a way to avoid it.  Luckily it's not in an area that needs to be super smooth, so I don't expect it to be too big a headache.

• Like 2

WOW!  Thanks so much for the step-by-step.  It helps that it's on such a (relatively) large figure, and the close-ups show more imperfections than were apparent on the original shots, allowing one to see that it really was hand painted.  I can't even draw that clean a circle with a pencil on a flat sheet of paper!  Really looking forward to seeing where you go from here.  Again, thanks for taking the time to explain how you did this.

• Like 2