Sign in to follow this  
Unit04

Space Cadets: Away Missions - Thralls

I managed to finish off my set of 12 thralls for the Space Cadets: Away Missions game.  These guys are mind controlled humans who effectively act like zombies until you cudgel them over the head and rip out the mind control device.  

I am not too proud of these paint jobs, mostly because the washes were too uneven.  Hopefully I can improve on that when I tackle the aliens.

Thematic Paint Used - Alien Flesh...on the helmets.  Yeah I know.  Next time I'll do better.

post-8049-0-64812200-1444176341_thumb.jpg

post-8049-0-28983700-1444176351_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

I like the uneven washes. It makes them look like their jumpsuits have gone through different cycles of the station laundry.

Even in the future, clothes wear unevenly.

Hey Unit04!

I've been looking through your Space Cadets posts because Im about to start pianting my own!
May i ask, did you base coat, and if you did, what with?
I have a couple figures primed with Army painter spray matte white.. but im curious to see what others are doing, especially because ive been having a little trouble with coverage (never worked with primers before)

Also.. have you decided on a green for the aliens yet?

I was thinking Moth Green might be too bright.. but maybe if i darkened it a little.. then theres pale and even olive... Im not sure which direction to go XD

Heres the Primed tester models im going to work with:

post-14325-0-67517400-1446326599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Kwirick!

I'm working on the aliens right now (I'm not a fast painter so its taking me a bit) and I'm going with Mekong Moss for the skin color.  I really like how it looks after a black wash.  Any of the various olive green colors would probably work just as well.  If you want to wait, I may have them up in a few days. Ish.  

For most models, I did put on a base coat of Pure White, but only because my primer didn't really get good coverage. I avoided black since this is supposed to be more whimsical then, say, Warhammer 40K.  For the Brain-in-a-Jar, I basecoated the brain in red, and all the metal parts in black.  I actually did not put anything on the beacon up top because I didn't really care if there was a clear spot.  In the end I'm not sure it mattered.  

After I took the pictures, I wound up putting a gloss coat on the brain and the space leaches to make them look a bit more gross.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this