A Spooktacular Halloween Resolutionary Painting Challenge

...My new work schedule sucks...

Please see page 1 here for rules and guidelines/questions. This is also the chatter thread here: The total painted is awaiting update.Soon

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58628-resolutionary-painting-challenge-chatterinfo-thread/

a reminder when submitting to please adhere to the forum show off guidelines. This is a much bigger challenge than I expected and it makes life easier for the mods
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/7784-show-off-forum-guidelines-and-suggestions/

Also, please only create a single index post for your links. This means to modify your existing post when you get a new figure finished instead of posting a new one.

This month's challenge is: 5

Bonus Challenge is:

EITHER!

A non-conventional horror creature. Forget Zombies, Ghosts, and Ghouls...let's see the Dullahan, Baba Yaga, Black Annis, Empusa, etc

or

Whatever you get from the Reaper Halloween treat bag, and finding a way to utilize all the special edition paints with it. A rock does not count.

The technical deadline Is planned for November 1, Midnight, RST. (Reaper Standard Time).

...I think we all know the actual deadline is whenever I get around to it, and if pictures are delayed, get them up when possible.

4 for the exchanges, something new to try
12 for the monsters, who in the dungeons moan
7 for the competition, to please the judges eye
19 for the table top, which will set the tone
9 for the players, doomed to see their characters die
One for the master painter on his ergonomic throne
In the well lit studio where no shadows lie
one tag to hue them all, one tag to bind them
one tag to bring them all and in the forum find them.
In the well lit studio where no shadows lie

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 4
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So after losing last month...

I have a line-up of minis due to a need to practice some effects. I'll see how many I actually finish

Completed

1) Fall Exchange: Wendigo

2) Cadirith: Pictures to follow

In Progress:

1) Baba Yaga: In Progress

2) Gargoyle, Necropolis Monster: Primed

3) Goroloth: On hold while search for missing fin commences

4) Turanil, Male Elf Paladin: On desk

5) Troll Slayer Sophie: On desk

6) Nienna, Female Elf Ranger: On Desk

8) Ilsa Darkstep, Thief: In progress

• Like 4

I have not and will not have the time to paint or hobby much these days, because I am about to move house. This involves a fair deal of painting and remodelling work in the old one to make it ready for sale in addition to the packing and moving of the mountains of minis. oh yes, and all my family's other stuff, And the family.

But I will try to sneak in an hour or two here and there.

1: Reaper Bones Savage Worlds Bone Fiend

4: Citadel Oldhammer Zombies

7: Shadows of Brimstone The Hungry Dead

Painted so far this month:  12

Painted so far this year: 237

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 2

Finished:

1.  DDS 2 Tower  (Tower and Terrain Complete)

2. Candelabra [2] (P02990B)

3. Pillar of Evil (02814)

4. Giant's Spitoon

5. Refinished Hell Hound

6. Xherman (The Were Puppy) (02870)

7. Jack-o-Lantern (02870)

My October Plans:

1. Ral Partha Efreeti

2. Derro Captain & Sorcerer (02944)

3. Derro Warriors [3] (0295)

4. Candelabra [2] (P02990B)

5. Pillar of Evil (02814)

On going projects:

1. Her Darkness, Takhisis (Started up again....)

2. DDS 2 Tower (Do you need a number? :devil: )

8)

George

"A non-conventional horror creature."

How does one go about painting a mini of 'WORK'?

Ah #6- The Invisible man without his coat, hat, etc. -Linked for nudity.....

:rolleyes:

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

There is a lot going on this month so my painting goals for October are pretty easy.

1. Three character miniatures for my current D&D campaign. These have already taken a lot of time.
  2. A blue wizard for Frostgrave
  3. A Darksword hedge knight for Frostgrave
  4. A Darksword pirate cat to give as a gift

And the bonus miniature will be a Halloween chibi from last year's set.

buckyball

So it is written so shall it be done. And it is done. Whew!

• Like 3

Here's to a spooky October!

1. Grandmother- Converted to Shepherdess (Show-Off)

2-31. Skeletons! (Show-off)

I'll post the show-off for the skellies tomorrow when the sun is up and I can take decent pictures. Been painting them all month and just finished the last 3 tonight, a bit under the wire on my goal to get through all these skeletons this month.

And the show-off is posted for my 30 skeletons! All good for October, no bonus challenge though.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Not sure about the challenge,  but finally started painting:

1. Blue Sky Mushrooman:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/64984-mushroom-men-77345/#entry1243180

2. Black Orc with Spear. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65367-77045-orc-with-spear/

3-6  4 crates http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65054-77248-crates-4-and-a-barrel/

7 Barrel (see above) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2

Happy Halloween Everyone.

1. My October Challenge http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65283-77046-bat-swarm-halloween-challenge/
And I did manage to use all four new paints.
2-7. Khador Doom Reavers http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65512-khador-doom-reavers/

That makes 7 for the month

Edited by Marsya
  • Like 1