Sign in to follow this  
djizomdjinn

92835?: Demi-lich

Been painting a lot of my sculpts and not paying enough attention to the piles of albino Bones still waiting for paint. So I guess it's time to change that.

VtUeM0t.jpg

Tried to make the base look somewhat like fresh ash; not sure if I succeeded. Painting magical fire was a lot of fun; getting rid of mold lines not as fun.

All in all, I think it went decent for a tabletop level job.

PS: Also, I read somewhere that the unofficial Bones II SKUs are not accurate. Is there an official policy for how to tag unreleased Bones? I could have sworn I saw it somewhere on the forums, but I don't recall where.

Edited by djizomdjinn
  • Like 21

I agree, you've done a great job making it look spooky, though it looks more like magic fire to me than ash.

Well, I meant the base. The gray stuff. It turns out trying to glue corn starch (the stuff closest to ash i had handy) turns it into a gooey mess. Who knew? So then I tried to make it look like ash through some stippling.

• Like 1

We have a consensus; i.e, the overall effect of some SPLENDID brushwork & color choices  is a UBERCOOL & VERY EERIE creation. OUTSTANDING WORK!