Sign in to follow this  
Melkavar

Demon army of the Worldwound (balor, vrock, and babau)

So, to go along with the creepy, creepy Worm that Walks that I'm putting the finishing touches on, I'm also painting up some demons for the Wrath of the Righteous Pathfinder adventure path that I'm currently GM-ing. I've actually got 4 to paint up, but one has some *ahem* naughty bits (Virina, Female Demon # 77067) so I'll not be showing it in this WIP. I may do an off-site link showoff of that one when it's done.

Balor is (mostly) base coated. Pictures, as usual, reveal hard-to-notice flaws.

Vrock has been bathed and boiling-water dipped and is currently drying.

Babau is about 3/4 done I think.

post-14502-0-47818000-1444529523_thumb.jpg

post-14502-0-71065000-1444529533_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zethia
      Now that my Bones 4 order is here, my backwards brain decided it's finally time to paint the fire dragon I've had in my box of shame for a year and a half! I don't think I can claim that I'm "new to painting" anymore, but this is my first dragon and by far the biggest mini I've attempted thus far. In order to actually paint more things I like instead of saving them until I've practiced or become good enough to attempt them, I'm trying to adopt the mentality of trying at least one new technique with every mini I paint. Hopefully this will get me out of my comfort zone and into some new styles and skills. 

The focus of this guy is going to be blending, both wet and feathering. I'm still getting used to the process of documenting my WIPs, so if anybody has suggestions or requests (pics of my working palette, color recipes, what have you) please let me know. Lots of pics beyond the spoiler! 

• By dks
      This Bones figure was the demonstration model in my 2-hour "Good Fast Painting" class at ReaperCon 2017.  I got her about 2/3 done in the class.
      She stood half-painted on my shelf for a year and a half. 
      This past Sunday, I just needed to paint something, and this was it.  An hour later, I was ready to call her done. 
      As always, I spent a lot more time per square millimeter on the face & eyes.
      Enjoy!

Derek

• By Livesay
      Got to get a brighter light, but here are my bugbears.

• By pinkymadigan
      Hey all, been a while.

Quick job from Bones 4. Added a saddle, threw on a Mantic Soul Reaver cavalry rider with a head swap from Puppetswar.

• By Maledrakh
      The Whispering Tyrant from the second Bones kickstarter. This is an officially licensed Pathfinder miniature. So I guess it is some sort of evil adversary in some adventure or other in that game.
      For me, this is Loki. I expect you see why. To make the model even more similar to the trickster god, I cut off the central helment-thing and carved the helmet round. Which took me whole tens of seconds! Bones material is really easy to cut and convert. I will miss this aspect with the Bones Black minis.
      On this mini I have tried out some new colorshift paints from Green Stuff World and a flip paint (which is supposed to get the same effect) from Instar.
      I probably did not do it right, as I don't think it has much of a colorshifting effect (there is a slight effect, though). The instructions say to use a gloss black undercoat and many, many thin layers to get the effect.
      I did not do that. On a brown basecoat I used GSW Mystic Gold colorshift, and Instar Green Gold Flip, with GSW Tropical Green at the tips and edges. and I just glooped it on! Two or three thick coats of each paint is used here. So next time, maybe I should try actually following the instructions...
      Anyhow, this model will make a good leader for my undead legions, or even a C'Tan for the Necrons.

89031 Whispering Tyrant
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm round lipped base

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)