Would there be a problem showing pics of real medieval weapons in forumite possession on these forums?

Would people be interested in seeing and or showing off their weapons?

Thought I would ask before posting real pics, I can always come back and edit, and if it is not okay, they can state that and lock the thread...

George

• Like 2
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well, here's my edged and blunt weapons (except the 6 foot bo, it didn't fit). Not so much a 'collection' as an 'assortment' Yes, I do know how to use all of them   top to bottom. Live steel katana,

OK folks, since I started this thread, I think I had better show MY Steel....   All of these weapons have real steel blades, but they are NOT sharp. Of course, 2 of them don't need to be... They we

20?   George

I don't know about "real" but I do have a few things, nothing fancy or expensive, that I sorta collected back in the heyday of my AD&D playing.

Not sure exactly where they all are at the moment. I'll try to do a bit of a look around for them later on.

• Like 1

I just have a cheep knockoff sabre from India.  Had to have some sword after being in the Fencing team in College.  (We only took 6th place.  In the nation)

That's it? You should be ashamed. ::P: 

I'd enjoy seeing the pics too, for the reason Leader of the Rats said. ::D: (Also because swords etc are actually very pretty. :;): )

• Like 2

I have a reproduction of Gandalf's sword Glamdring in my possession; it was a gift from my ex wife. Thing must weigh about fifteen pounds; it's no good for anything but display. I also have a katana and a short sword, both of which were gifts from my old gaming group.

Thing is, I'm not really a swords person. I'd just as soon have dragons, really. But I'm equipped for the zombie apocalypse...

• Like 2

Only steel I own that could be considered a weapon are my kitchen knives.

Well, I have some tools that could be weaponized in a pinch - camp axe, mattock, 60's era military collapsable shovel/pick.

Nothing specifically used for self-defense and/or combat.  But then again, I am a fan of Alton Brown, and loathe uni-taskers, except my fire extinguisher.

• Like 2

I've got a short sword somewhere, also a pair of sai, and beyond that my weaponized steel is used for hurling lead via exploding gunpowder down range...

If it is stuff a gunslinger in pathfinder would use, up to cap lock I would think, Please show us!

Cartridge weapons, no....

That would be for a Chronoscope type thread....

I could contribute to that as well....

George

• Like 2

Well, I'd have to take them all down from the walls and take pictures.  That may take some time.  Seven swords, two axes, a war hammer, couple of dirks/daggers.  Most of them are replicas, some are museum quality.  Would people prefer display or action shots? (in other words do you want me holding it under light for NMM lighting reference?)  If action, it will definitely be couple of day until I get around to it.

• Like 4

I have...within arm's reach of my desk: 3 katanas (functional pieces, full tang, sharpened, etc) 4 daggers (2 display only), a bo staff, a machete, a dirk, a dozen or so folding knives, a 9 section steel chain, a manriki gusari, a recurve bow, a longbow, two dozen wooden arrows and countless carbon for each, and a crossbow.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.