Darn you cav monkeys!  darn you all!

nadinbrzezinski

Yeah, Crimson Skies is a lot of fun.  BTW... the game I mentioned playtesting... it's for Wizkids... you know Jordon Weisman's company... you know the guy who wrote Crimson Skies... that should be all I have to say...  at least I got the same friend in on the playtesting... heheh...

I've always picked up Reaper stuff.  Since I first saw them on the game store shelf.  They were great quality for amazing prices!

I'm looking forward to giving CAV a try.  I've been missing Battletech, which I have only played once or twice since The Clans showed up.

CAV just looks like it will be fun but without bogging down with lots of paperwork.  I'm beginning to appreciate faster paced miniatures games right now, since my gaming time is so limited.  If I can get a good game in about 2-3 hours that's ideal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that one of the many conditions under which farm work isn't recommended?

To be fair, I played CBT for the first time two nights ago.  It was a lot of fun, but I couldn't help thinking at 1:30am, when were just about to the point where the almost-dead mechs were going to start kicking the more-almost-dead mechs in the shins, that we could have played two engagements this size in CAV in that much time.  8 mechs on 6 mechs, randomly chosen, that's about what, 2K points equivalent in CAV, for the models on the table?

That was the main reason that I quit playing too.  That, and while I had some good friends in town to play with, I was getting sick of the majority of the online community.  For some reason BT attacts a lot of a-holes for lack of a better term.  People need to lighten up and realize that its just a game.

Luckily for me, I've managed to convert most of my BT friends over to CAV.  :D

Hear hear, it is just a game!!!!

And there is life AFTER Tech!

It is NOT a way of life, and it is not a religion... and for that I will burn in Word of Blake Hell!

:D

Now back to my previously scheduled writing and rewriting of somebody else's universes...

:p

(You really do not want to know where I have taken my RPG game, nor would I call it Tech anymore)

Now to the time it takes to play a game of tech, well after playing two and three games of CAV or Heavy Gear with far more units than it takes to play a game of tech, they are gathering dust.

Oh Great Khardullis have mercy on my soul since I have strayed away from the great Oger... (or is that Frank?)

Nadin, just poking some fun here.

Will, don't worry about it...

Oh and Ghost I am not well now... you see these days I no longer just buy these things for ahem, fun only... at least I have an excuse, I truly have to read the Monstrous Compendium II for work...

:p

But also remember, when any game does become a way of life or a quasi religion, all of frank's good puns to the side... it is time to take a step back. And boy did I think that people got that message, but alas they quickly have forgotten it.

Nadin

I used to be one of the best Archer pilots around... and then suddenly the mech disappeared into thin air.  How the heck does a 70 ton mech just go poof?!?!?

Ah well, the good old days.

Hmm... the CAV Spectre seems very archer like... maybe that's why I picked one up... perhaps it's my new calling...