Shipping/Tracking Discussion

MissMelons

I'm sure it's just a weird simple update thing but it's quite...frustrating. Yeah...it's definitely a place of frustration. I live in a spot where I absolutely have to pick up any package as soon as it's dropped off or it'll disappear. You'd think after the first package that 'disappeared' they'd know the stuff that gets sent to me really is never the expensive goods that the heavy box reflects that they are but my neighbors are morons. 

Current Reaper package said it arrived in my county/city, and at some point it decided that it was picked up back in texas right after. I can only imagine this means it's out for delivery today. I'm absolutely fine for cheaper options for Reaper to ship their bundles of awesome, I just wish the UPS had a better website/tracking information. 

• Like 10

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, UPS and USPS have stupid tracking systems. It's also strange to me that anything shipped from Texas takes 7-10 business days to get to me, like clockwork.  Nothing's changed for me since the switch over to UPS innovations. For Reaper orders, I check the day it's shipped then just wait. I can understand how that's not an option for you MM, it sucks to have horrible neighbors. 

Is it an option to have your packages held at the post office for pick up? I have a friend who lives in a not so great area, her mail person attempts delivery once then takes the package back for pick up if she's not home. Otherwise anything dropped off on her porch would be gone in a heartbeat. 

• Like 5

I'm sure it's just a weird simple update thing but it's quite...frustrating. Yeah...it's definitely a place of frustration. I live in a spot where I absolutely have to pick up any package as soon as it's dropped off or it'll disappear. You'd think after the first package that 'disappeared' they'd know the stuff that gets sent to me really is never the expensive goods that the heavy box reflects that they are but my neighbors are morons. 

Current Reaper package said it arrived in my county/city, and at some point it decided that it was picked up back in texas right after. I can only imagine this means it's out for delivery today. I'm absolutely fine for cheaper options for Reaper to ship their bundles of awesome, I just wish the UPS had a better website/tracking information. 

They need to use the bushes, hide your packages in them.  :upside:

• Like 5

Agreed, the UPS MI isn't nearly as good as their old way of doing things with the USPS Priority mail, but I do understand the reasoning behind it is to save money since they offer free shipping for orders exceeding certain thresholds. 

I've got no problems with Reaper on this at all.  They need to make the best business decisions for themselves of course!  And Reaper has ALWAYS been very generous and supportive of their customers in every way.  UPS on the other hand ....

Edited by Harrek
  • Like 7

Agreed, the UPS MI isn't nearly as good as their old way of doing things with the USPS Priority mail, but I do understand the reasoning behind it is to save money since they offer free shipping for orders exceeding certain thresholds. 

I've got no problems with Reaper on this at all.  They need to make the best business decisions for themselves of course!  And Reaper has ALWAYS been very generous and supportive of their customers in every way.  UPS on the other hand ....

Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts on this. Reaper needs to be smart with their money, it's just unfortunate for us that UPS stinks so very hard. ::P: 

• Like 5

Well thanks to the sales I've been shipping out recently, I do have a friend at the local USPS. The problem is my packages seem to go through either the place she works at, which is ten minutes from my house or the other one that is fifteen minutes from my house.

For future Reaper orders I'll definitely see if I can just have them held at the post office. And again, totally isn't reapers fault, its that darn ups!

/shakes fist

They need to use the bushes, hide your packages in them. :upside:

Our previous place had brilliant mail men. It was my first Reaper order and I kept checking and it said delivered but I never received it. I eventually sent in an email and asked about it. I went hunting one more time just to make sure it really was gone and found it hidden under our porch behind a bush. It was there for three days. Fortunately it didn't rain and I still have my poop dragon box to this day. Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 7

I've got a lockable chest on the porch with an open padlock that is labelled "packages". UPS and Fed Ex drivers put packages in th and close the padlock. Simple.

Postal employee left the package on top of the chest during a heavy, blowing rain. Simpleminded

• Like 7

Miss Melons, sounds like you might want to invest in a PO Box.

Or is there a reliable friend/family member who lives near you? If so, you could have your packages mailed there (with their permission, of course), then pick up when the package gets there.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 3