Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

Figure Finder: Jabba/Mob/Gang Boss

So in my long and endless planning of a Star Wars campaign I thought of crime syndicates. I want a run in (or two, or a dozen) with the Hutt's and I would also like some with local gangs, space pirates and what not. I have been looking around for a while at different miniatures for such things. 

It's time to throw the net out to this fine Reaper Community

Hutts.png

Screen-Shot-2015-07-10-at-10.16.09-PM.pn

So the campaign takes place WAY after the new Jedi Order. The Jedi are fully establish again like Episode on One/Two. (About 20 years BBY*).

I have found two miniatures in the Reaper catalog that fit the bill. I like the look of these but they are not enough. I would really like an alien. I have also considered Infinity Miniature armies. Mixing and matching.

If y'all have any recommendations please share them here, I greatly appreciate it!

*BBY stands for Before the Battle of Yavin. The Battle of Yavin is the battle at the end of Star Wars A New Hope when the Rebels fought the empire and destroyed the first Death Star.

Figure Finder Catalog:

Part 1: Styx: Master of Shadows

Part 2: Jabba Mod/Gang Boss

Part 3 TAKE COVER!

Edited by Arc 724

a quick search showed a few options.  ebay had old west end metal, 2 SWM jabba prepaints, micromachines that may be a bit small but could work, and one that looked like a plastic copy of the micromachines version.

• Like 1

Great idea's so far, thank you all, keep them coming! 

Some stuff I found looking for Space Slugs on GIS

Trollforged has a Slug Demon and also a Mutant Dregs Overlord.

Your PCs will not expect to be outsmarted by this Thunderbolt Mountain slug

Wow! Thank you for the pictures to back it up! And your right, they would NEVER expect that guy. I might just have to get him for that very reason. :)

There is always this guy from Reaper:

IG_1518_1.jpg

50145: Dr. Totenkranz

• Like 6

Also maybe try some of the Horror Clix and Hero Clix.

Horrorclix has the fat woman from the Creepshow line.

Hero Clix has The Blob from Xmen.  There are a three poses too, so you should be able to modify them fairly easily to make a group.

Edited by Qwyksilver
  • Like 1

So I was wondering around Warlord Games and found a few miniature that kind of fit the bill. One of them is hilarious!

Warlord Games:

1. Judge Dredd / Fattie Stampede / Fattie with Pistol
    • Very large, fat figure, it's funny. He even has a wheel supporting him b/c he's so fat.
  2. Judge Dredd / The Ape Gang / Orang-utan Boss
    • Looks like the orangutan from the older Planet of the Ape's movies. I'm always looking for non-human figures.
  3. Antares / Mercenaries / Bovan TUk, Mhagris Mercenary Leader
    • Hardcore, barbarian-ish style. Pretty brutal looking while looking Sci-fi.
Edited by Arc 724

Found something else that has an interesting look.

Saw a discussion about Scibor Miniatures and I've never heard of them so I was browsing the website and found this.

28mm Ogre Gunner #1 OGSE0014

ogre_gunner_1p_01.jpg

I could mod that rifle to look more sci-fi.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      I've been painting up a lot of Starcadia Quest.

It only seems fitting to start out with the Star Wars characters. For most of my Starcadia Quest, I went with a Borderlands style- with lots of black lining against bright colors and even black hard edging to create that Borderlandish look. I plan to convert a few Starcadians into Borderlands characters as well.
      Also, it just seemed right to start out with the Star Wars inspired characters.

• By lowlylowlycook
      A friend asked if I knew where to get hemets like these

Anyone have ideas?
    • By SGHawkins09
      Painted this one for a friend who is obsessed with the Child from the Mandalorian. It’s a 3D print that I got from a shop on Etsy.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Made a weird little conversion based on my destiny 2 warlock. 
      He's built out of a warlord red army soldier in winter clothing, Mantic gcps arms, soda pop minis head and other random bits. 

• By strawhat
      No fancy setup.  I'm getting lazy.  Or maybe not, because these aren't likely to be used and I still got them done.

Rebel Lineup:

Biv and Saska.  Widely regarded as the two worst heroes in the game.  Saska's outfit is green on the character card, but I'm not very fond of green.  I also kind of wanted to paint up a Rebel pilot.  She's a techie, not a pilot, but the look is similar.

Wookiee Warriors.  These were some of the first minis I painted for IA.  That seems like forever ago sometimes.

Alliance Smuggler (although I think he looks more like Sarek, Son of Skon).  His character card has somewhat garish colors, but I chose to rein it in...Oddly going with a green jacket (you can't really tell from the front with the over-exposure).  But I believe I achieved a very grounded, realistic look.

Lastly on the Rebel front:

These are the droids you're looking for!  I'm a little disappointed in the gold on C-3PO.  It should have been brighter, as should his lower leg.  But, overall, I am pretty happy with the Droid Duo.

On to the Scum!

Lots of Terran Khaki.  Lots of Uniform Brown.  Just lots of brown.

Well, there are two banthas...NO, NO, NO!  There is only one bantha, thank goodness.

The closest thing to "color" on it is the blue edging on the saddle blanket.  And now I see a spot where I bumped some of the rigging ropes with another color.  I might fix it later.  I tried running a couple vertical black stripes down the bantha's flank so give a little variation.

A couple Rodian bounty hunters.  The red-shirted Rodian has a "blind" eye that I thought might be fun.  It didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

And now!

The man (dalorian)!

The myth (osaur rider)!

The legend (who was taken out like a punk)!

Shown here in a scheme reminiscent of his original Holiday Special and Droids appearances.  I enhanced the brow ridge with kill marks (like his movie costumes).  Hot Toys has a really spiffy 1:6 model of this costume, which is what I used as a reference.  The cartoon "blue" is a little more "sky blue," but the Hot Toys looks more teal (to my eyes).  So I went with the Marine Teal triad.

I was really on the fence about it, but I'm starting to enjoy it more and more.  I kind of wish that the knee-pad launchers had been molded into the figure, but I've tried to represent them with a couple stripes of silver.  You can't see it in these pictures, but his breastplate is also yellow.

Heavy Stormtroopers (which, I believe, most of us know as "sandtroopers"). Not much to say.  Lots of white.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Although I probably should have hit the backpacks with a drybrush.  I might have to do that one these days.  I have to admit, that I found my batch of troopers a little soft on the detail and some of the arm placements.  Maybe the molds were wearing down, maybe I just got a set of bad casts, maybe they're all like that.

And just when I thought we done: 

More Stormtroopers.   These are the expansion pack, and have a slightly different pose.  I wanted something a little more than that, though, and since these can also be used for Elites, they needed to stand out.  I decided to do that by painting the pauldrons blue, and declaring them part of the 501st--Vader's Fist.

Which means: ONE...LAST...STORMTROOPER!

Kayn Somos.  Commander or Captain, or some other non-specific officer-type.  The orange pauldron means he's in charge.

One more set (16 minis) to go!  And no Stormtroopers!  Just four Deathtroopers.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 56 Guests (See full list)