Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

Renaissance Faires, Show us Pics Ones You have been to!

So I went to the CT Renaissance Faire today, saw some things there that I thought I would share with the forum folks, some of whom I have read go to Faires themselves.

Share some pics all you Travellers!*

First Myself and a pretty lady that asked for a picture:

013.jpg

I was alone, so I asked her SO to use my camera to take a pic, as I have no current pics of myself in garb..

Some things I saw that will make the wolves drool....

008.jpg

001.jpg

004.jpg

I asked about the mail, it was a commissioned work.

A young lady wearing a T-Shirt that I really laughed when I saw it! Talk about someone that needs to be on these forums!

009.jpg

Where was she a few weeks ago, clean up would have been so easy!

I think she was surprised someone in Garb wanted to take her picture...

An awesome couple of Fey:

007.jpg

(I kept wanting to say "I am Groot!", when ever I saw them....)

A chance met Traveller that paints Minis! Told him about the Forums, maybe he will lurk, look, and Join!

010.jpg

Loved the scale mail...

So that's all Folks!

(Yeah, I didn't take my camera out to much.... :down: )

Had a great time!

Sorry I missed you Mad Jack!

8)

George

* Travellers was a term used at the NY Ren Faire years ago to denote people in costume, that attended regularly, but did not work at the Faire.

As opposed to the "'Danes" short for MunDANEs....

Other pics

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 11

I'm very jealous!  When I saw the shirt, I was sure it was someone from the forums here. :)

Not sure, was laughing so hard I forgot to ask!

George

• Like 1

I wish I could have grabbed it for him!

I almost fainted when I asked what it went for....

($1K+ !!!!!)

:wow::blink:::o:

George

• Like 4

Did you stay for the whole thing, including the night-time part? I'm really surprised I missed you... I didn't get down there until 2pm, but I was looking for you and the minion.

Oh, and you really should have been there last year, lol...

RGubp2.jpg

• Like 7

I left about 330, was sans minion as she is ill....

Might try to make the night part next week, depends on if I can swap a shift at work...

8)

George

Nice chaplet of flowers!

• Like 3

They aren't done yet. She is a charter member of House Procrastius...

NY Comic Con wiped out her finances, so she is saving for her mold materials and resins...

George

• Like 6

Great Pics.

Chocolate Bacon....*** hmmm..drools***

Wondered if you would find all the places I posted those pics! ::P:

George

• Like 3

Not many Ren Faires where I lived.

Closest thing is the New-France festival in Quebec City. But it's far more colonial/cultural/historical in theme (1534-1760 period) than medieval/fantastic.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

Cool, thanks for sharing!!

I wish I could have grabbed it for him!

I almost fainted when I asked what it went for....

($1K+ !!!!!)

:wow::blink:::o:

George

Ouch!!

• Like 2

We went to the Ohio Renaissance Festival and it was awesome. I went there when I was like 5, and they had some of the same performers, 21 year vets lol. We didn't manage to snag pics, but we saw jousting, torture devices, plays, and got this funny caricature done. 10411006_10207724138291816_6526506709215

• Like 5

I'm not sure I have any pictures from past faire's.  They may have been lost in the Great Hard Drive Crash of 'xx (long enough ago I don't remember).  I might have some actual pics (the kind that were taken on film and developed) in a box somewhere that I could scan.

• Like 4