Arikiel

Cost estimates of unreleased Bones

The next-to-last Bones 2 New Release has been announced. One release remains!

And this is a fine freaking example of the sort of wait one will have for 'That One Model'. This time it's looking to be the Bones Goroloth, next time, I'm betting the Behir...

I'm wondering if the Dragon Don't Share terrain pieces are going to be released in this final set, or rather will I have to buy the whole thing again to get the terrain pieces??

• Like 1

You're missing some buyers, then. I'd buy the terrain, but not the whole set. Plus, the Frostgrave crowd would keep this OOS, as I'm sure other TT skirmish games would.

• Like 2

You're missing some buyers, then. I'd buy the terrain, but not the whole set. Plus, the Frostgrave crowd would keep this OOS, as I'm sure other TT skirmish games would.

The question is how much less would it really be without the dragon and figures?  The figures are low cost.  And the dragon can't be adding that much to it.  I think the majority of the cost in this IS the terrain.  Perhaps at least 80% of it.  So by the time they produced just terrain and came up with packaging for it, I think the cost difference would be minimal.   Just look at it as having some other great Bones figures to use elsewhere or sell.  But again, this is all just me theorizing endlessly!

• Like 3

And this is a fine freaking example of the sort of wait one will have for 'That One Model'. This time it's looking to be the Bones Goroloth, next time, I'm betting the Behir...

That's why I'm getting two.

The question is how much less would it really be without the dragon and figures? The figures are low cost. And the dragon can't be adding that much to it. I think the majority of the cost in this IS the terrain. Perhaps at least 80% of it. So by the time they produced just terrain and came up with packaging for it, I think the cost difference would be minimal. Just look at it as having some other great Bones figures to use elsewhere or sell. But again, this is all just me theorizing endlessly!

Sounds like a job for eBay.

• Like 1

I picked up 2 DDS sets. Not sure what I want to do with the extra set of adventurers. I've got plans for the 2nd dragon though... One's going to be white, and the other will probably be a blue.

• Like 1

We are often told this when we choose not to break apart sets. 

Nevertheless, large scale sales of these items at this time is not currently on the docket. One reason, of course, is that the tower parts do not fit into any of the packaging we have, and new tooling to produce new packaging for precisely one inexpensive part is simply not cost effective. We can do it with the high-dollar dragon set as a whole, but not for the components therein.

Likewise people tell us they would like to buy just the dragon, and we have the same response. The cost of packaging just that item for sale is prohibitive at this time, and since our aim is to keep consumer prices down, we must opt for the least expensive ways of managing the product.

Nevertheless, large scale sales of these items at this time is not currently on the docket. One reason, of course, is that the tower parts do not fit into any of the packaging we have, and new tooling to produce new packaging for precisely one inexpensive part is simply not cost effective. We can do it with the high-dollar dragon set as a whole, but not for the components therein.

Likewise people tell us they would like to buy just the dragon, and we have the same response. The cost of packaging just that item for sale is prohibitive at this time, and since our aim is to keep consumer prices down, we must opt for the least expensive ways of managing the product.

I'm not trying to kick a dead horse, and I really do not know the business at all, but I'd like to ask. Would terrain pieces need packaging like that of the DDS box set?

I'd love to be able to order some terrain units and just have them thrown into a regular shipping box and shipped my way.

Edited by Adrift

I'm not trying to kick a dead horse, and I really do not know the business at all, but I'd like to ask. Would terrain pieces need packaging like that of the DDS box set?

I'd love to be able to order some terrain units and just have them thrown into a regular shipping box and shipped my way.

No, but they do need some sort of packaging to be retailer-friendly, and none of our Blister sizes, even the new ones created just for Bones, will fit. Since retailers may stock any product we offer on our website, we must always have retailer friendly packaging options.