Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

77314: Golan, Hill Giant

Great job. Good colour choices and stealing the moss in cracked stones base!

When it comes to the paint wear-ing off....did you do at least a couple coats of dullcoat to seal him, with my gaming stuff I tend to do 1 gloss, and 2 dullcoat spray sealers, To prevent wear and tear.

• Like 3

Great job. Good colour choices and stealing the moss in cracked stones base!

When it comes to the paint wear-ing off....did you do at least a couple coats of dullcoat to seal him, with my gaming stuff I tend to do 1 gloss, and 2 dullcoat spray sealers, To prevent wear and tear.

The cracked stone was created with and old Howard Hues paint that was dying and now had a very putty like consistency. I then rolled on the base with one of my brush handles until it was level. Initially I was going to put water effects in the uneven/hole areas but after purchesing some specificly for that, I decided that the moss look would look cooler.

I haven't used spray sealer in a while. We ran out and it was annoying having to wait for days of low humidity (In the summer there are not many) Maybe I should go back.

I love that mini; re, he reminds me of Mr. Hyde from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. That aside, your creation boasts a better paint job than you'll admit to & an OUTSTANDING base. GREAT WORK!

• Like 2

I would just assume the paint rubbing off is the pitiful graspings of his recently smashed victims. Mwahaha. Ahem. That base is great! 

• Like 2