The New Star Wars Trailer is Here!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This!  

More models. Less CGI. I am cautiously optimistic.

BWHAHAHAH! I'd personally find JJ and bury my axe in his skull if this happened...    

I'm sooo happy several of the theatres out here moved to reserved seating model. Makes movie going much more plesent when you don't have to get in the disney-style line not to end up in the front row.

Yep, very happy with doing that too. We go to one of the "luxury theaters" here all the time now, it's only like $1 more per person, but the seals are nice big lazy-boy style recliners and you get to reserve the seats you want, all done online.

• Forum Mascot

which previous movies? I've seen them all. Even Revenge of the Sith....though not in theatres, as the other two left a sour taste in my throat, as if a billion midichlorians climbed up there to die....

I saw them all in theatre, but only paid for ones up to TPM. After that I had to be bribed with unlimited concession nachos and a free ticket.

I have already had 5 offers for same with this new one, which I have declined on the basis that if I don't see it I can't find anything to complain about. But, between you and me, if you pretend to really hate Star Wars you can probably get lots of free stuff and might get to see it sooner.

• Like 5

1: no one I know would believe me if I pretended to hate Star Wars, they've all seen the t shirt 

2: it's more a matter of location than anything preventing me from seeing it sooner. If I were to go myself, I could watch it as early as Monday noon, but as I am going with friends, it shall have to wait until we can all be together.

• Like 2
  • Forum Mascot

I have no idea why the people I know keep wanting me to go see them so badly. The end result is predictable - I'm a tough audience. There's like a 99 percent chance I'll hate it. Even if they absolutely love it. Just how it is, I'm difficult to please with certain things.

Now in the years since Episode III I have been very gripey with Star Wars, to the endless annoyance of many, I am sure. So, for this new one, I have just decided I am Not Its Audience. It's not made for me. I'm okay with this, a great many things fall into that category. Even very good things. I am just Not Their Audience.

So this lets people enjoy the new stuff, or not, as they please. It gives me zero grounds to gripe at all. I can simply indulge in some nostalgia for the OT from time to time and enjoy it for what it was when it was.

Better for everyone this way. This is why I sincerely hope the rest of you see this new one and like it. Love it. I would like nothing better than for all of you to give it top marks. You deserve it, and there's no worry about me being a nitpicky old coot and harshing anybody's fun.

• Like 6

Geek world problems: When your department's year end bash includes a 3D screening of the new Star Wars movie - but you can't bring anyone with you.

Fortunately, Slashhamster has made arrangements to see it in 3D himself, a few days before my work event, so there will be no bloodshed at our house.

• Like 3
  • Forum Mascot

Geek world problems: When your department's year end bash includes a 3D screening of the new Star Wars movie - but you can't bring anyone with you.

Fortunately, Slashhamster has made arrangements to see it in 3D himself, a few days before my work event, so there will be no bloodshed at our house.

Murder is often bad for a marriage. 

• Like 3