A "notch?"  This is what you call upping your basing skills a notch?  Fantastic base, and excellent paint job.  The only (very slight) criticism is that her hair looks pretty reddish instead of blonde.  Could be the pic though.  I find the colors in my pics never quite look the same as they do in person.

• Like 5

A "notch?"  This is what you call upping your basing skills a notch?  Fantastic base, and excellent paint job.  The only (very slight) criticism is that her hair looks pretty reddish instead of blonde.  Could be the pic though.  I find the colors in my pics never quite look the same as they do in person.

Thank you, and she ISN'T a blond.  She is a Red Head.

I know of no color scheme when it comes to miniatures, except for what I like....LOL

:;):

• Like 8

It's a beautiful setting for an exquisite figure. I love those tiny Tom Meier sculpts.

• Like 1

As I told you in our private conversation, she's stunning. Great job, Jay. I'm so happy you are leveling up your basing skills along with your painting, it really helps tell the story!!!

• Like 3

She is stunning, Jay! My only minor criticism is that the pinkish red of the really cool banner clashes with the deep red of the nice roses.

• Like 3

Thank you Everyone for your comments.

Citrine, I never even noticed that secondary color on the banner.

Your experienced eye taught me something ! 

This mini is a joy (and a bear to paint), I used Lava Orange in the folds to create the shadow color.

She is soooooooooo small that you need to watch your brush tip like a hawk.

Note the necklace... that took ten minutes to do, one stroke at a time, and triple checking the paint on the 4/0 brush

consistency. The figure takes time, you can't rush it either.

The hair was a delight, and playing with the orange and reds, plus the shadow colors was so much fun.

Highlights were a hoot to do.. They just popped!

• Like 4

Basing for this mini became quite complicated. My hands did NOT like working on the balcony at all.

I assembled it out of cork board and a one inch block of pine attached to a 1 inch base.

Each piece was glued and held in place with pins.  When dried I removed the pins (and in some cases

re-glued the non-attached part). I am very very indebted to Ub3r_N3rd for his invaluable input, and suggestions

as I worked my way through this.  I loved that I remembered to cut out a tile floor from an old playing card set for

the tile base, and just taking my time to do this.  I really am quite happy with it.

Thanks for your comments.  Its been a hoot to do.

Course robinh will LOVE the Orange hair :)

ROFL.

Jay

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now