Jasonator

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much Guindyloo;

Glad you like the hair color.

I have to make a confession though.  I had NO idea who Cersei Lannister was until I read EvilJames' post.

I then looked her up on the web...ROFL.

I haven't owned a TV in over 20 years, I honestly don't look at Television, so I've never seen "Game Of Throne's".

I've seen photos of the Throne of Swords (When Queen Elizabeth II declined to take a seat in it).

So I wasn't biased by her personality !

Thanks again.

• Like 1

I have to make a confession though.  I had NO idea who Cersei Lannister was until I read EvilJames' post.

I haven't owned a TV in over 20 years, I honestly don't look at Television, so I've never seen "Game Of Throne's".

I've seen photos of the Throne of Swords (When Queen Elizabeth II declined to take a seat in it).

Thanks again.

George R. R. Martin is the author of A Song of Ice and Fire, which Game of Thrones is based on. Mr. Martin happens to be a fellow enthusiast in the miniature hobby and approached Dark Sword to make their line based on his works. I read that he approves the character models for each of them, so you can be sure that how the minis look is how he meant them to look when he was writing the books which I think is just fantastic. That whole line is really quite beautiful.

• Like 5

Thanks again.

"Game of Thrones" is based off of George R.R. Martin's book series "A Song of Ice and Fire," so you'd not have to watch TV to know of the character. She's just more widely known now that the HBO TV series has been going on the last 5 years. The books are a great read, but don't get attached to any characters... 

• Like 2

I've been watching the Dark Sword painting DVDs, and they spend a LOT of time with this mini. Understandably so! It's an incredible sculpt! But I'd kind of gotten sick of looking at her, tbh. But your take is fantastic! I particularly like the balcony... It actually works for her character too, like she's out on the balcony preening and making sure she's being admired but has her eyes closed as if she's just enjoying a bit of sunlight, pretending not to notice all the admiration that darn well better be directed her way or she'll make sure heads roll... ::P: I realise you hadn't read the series, I'm just saying it still works. ::): 

• Like 7

Now there is a regal looking Lady; BEAUTIFULLY painted with a GLORIOUS setting. You just keep getting better with each new creation. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks so much Malefatus, Your praise made me :blush:.  Was a lot of fun to do !!!

As always, I am amazed at what you do also.

I love the shimmering effects on her gown. And wow, the base, looks amazing.

So glad you like the basing Jessie, I posted a WIP on how I did the base in the Works In Progress forum.

Gives a bit more detail. Really appreciate your taking the time to comment.

• Like 1