Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Arena Rex Aquila

Wow, this sculpt is beautiful...and hoplologically confused...which isn't necessarily a complaint, it may be the design intent to create an amalgamation of weapons and armor from different times and places.

Your paint, as ever, is gorgeous. Love the purples, and the various bits of gore are really nicely done. The shield boss is, well, pretty boss.

• Like 2

Really nice! I like the AR figures, very interesting I really want to get their stadium battle mat.

Awesome...

*** Whyyy??? I didn't know these beauties excisted..now I need them****

Yeah, I've been drooling over their Gorgons set...

• Like 2

Awesome...

You Enabling Monster You!!! I have been wanting a Kali miniature for years... Stheno... Gorgon...Sighh...

• Like 1

Awesome...

Hell yeah!  Another client had me paint up two of the three of them.  They just got mailed off today, but it might be a while before I get the pictures dumped onto this computer.

• Like 1

Awesome...

Hell yeah! Another client had me paint up two of the three of them. They just got mailed off today, but it might be a while before I get the pictures dumped onto this computer.

Can't wait to see how a pro like you painted them up!!

Wow, this sculpt is beautiful...and hoplologically confused...which isn't necessarily a complaint, it may be the design intent to create an amalgamation of weapons and armor from different times and places.

Your paint, as ever, is gorgeous. Love the purples, and the various bits of gore are really nicely done. The shield boss is, well, pretty boss.

I hadn't thought much about the different eras, but I did notice how his armor choices seem to follow the women of Everquest's tradition.

I'm rather fond of that about Arena Rex minis- it just seems like gladiatorial combat is really the right place for less than efficient combat styles that look cool.

I believe this guy's faction is a gladiatorial school from Roman-occupied Brittania, and I'm thinking that is where the different styles come in.

Gorgeous! :wub:

Loving that purple! What colours did you use?

I'm not sure I can remember the recipe.  I probably started with Reaper's Imperial Purple, and shaded with either Black Green or Cryx Bane Base (the green was also used as the darkest shade on his skin).  I believe I then highlighted up towards P3 Frostbite (I used the cool colors for the highlights on his skin as well, then switched to a warmer off-white for the final highlights).

• Like 2

Awesome...

...gorgons..? Um...

*checks Arena Rex' website*

Oh. Oh my.

Um...I'll be holding a memorial service for my wallet this Sunday. In lieu of flowers, please send paint.

• Like 2