Torgils "the Black Wolf" - Catacombs Barbarian Show-Off

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry savage awesomeness! I really like the deep shadows contrasting with the rich blue on his hide skirt. Whatever blue you used seriously pops. Bam!

Thanks! I used reaper paints: Nightshade Purple for shadows, then Rich Indigo HD, then Dragon Blue HD, and final highlights with Ice Blue HD.

Awesome job!

I'm really excited to see that broken door on his base!

Thank you! Yep, the broken door just felt right to me for this piece.

I really love him and he's definitely in your wheelhouse.  Can't wait to see the rest of the diorama.

Oh yeah, my barbaric wheel house for sure, thank you ::):

Good job! Are his eyes blank, though, or are mine?

Appreciate it ::D: His eyes are very small, they are blue (Ice Blue). Hard to see them and I didn't blow up a pic of his face, but I might go ahead and do so.

Great job! The skin and blue are fantastic and the broken down door is a nice touch.

Thank you, I had a lot of fun with the skin tones actually, I experimented a bit with some paints I hadn't used before and tried out some GW shades for the darkest areas.

• Like 4

Angry savage awesomeness! I really like the deep shadows contrasting with the rich blue on his hide skirt. Whatever blue you used seriously pops. Bam!

Thanks! I used reaper paints: Nightshade Purple for shadows, then Rich Indigo HD, then Dragon Blue HD, and final highlights with Ice Blue HD.

Thank you for listing the paints o' mighty barbarian lord. *bows*  _(._.)_    ::D: 

Just added Nightshade Purple to my cart. It's the only color I'm missing from that list. I love using super dark colors in place of black but I'm missing that purple. I don't think a super dark blue would've made the light blue pop as much. That little bit of color contrast really made a difference. That color combo is definitely going on some Blood Rage minis! 

• Like 2

Thank you for listing the paints o' mighty barbarian lord. *bows* _(._.)_ ::D:

Just added Nightshade Purple to my cart. It's the only color I'm missing from that list. I love using super dark colors in place of black but I'm missing that purple. I don't think a super dark blue would've made the light blue pop as much. That little bit of color contrast really made a difference. That color combo is definitely going on some Blood Rage minis!

Nightshade purple is awesome. Happy to help!
  • Like 1

Wow, I love this guy. I actually like your version more than the painted version on their facebook page. That one looks excellent, certainly it is professionally done, but the light hair just makes him look like a viking. Your colour scheme on the other hand, with the black hair and darker skin, makes him look much less easy to define. He could be anything from a viking to a Caribbean pirate, those braids could easily be dreads for instance. Plus the blue looks fantastic.

The custom shield tutorial in your wip is awesome, it's a great idea I never would have considered. I don't have the motor skills for freehand painting, something like that seems doable though. The only negative is the thickness of the shield, it looks like it would weigh several hundred pounds. He does have big muscles though.

Edited by Suden
  • Like 3