Sign in to follow this  
TGP

ArtistCon Bones Giant Conversions

I guess I got to the event between 11 and 12. The second order of business was to sign up for classes.

The first class I could get into was a Conversion class conducted by Jason Weibe. The theme was to convert the big Bones Skeleton (77116) possibly on a Halloween theme.

It was great fun and towards the end I started snapping pictures of our efforts. I got a picture (or in some cases two pics) of almost everybody's giant. Enjoy:

post-7586-0-26146100-1445736975_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-17871800-1445736998_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-01308000-1445737022_thumb.jpg

These two show the ongoing work in progress: above no horns, below sprouted horns...

post-7586-0-37380200-1445737228_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-43645300-1445737901_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-31397800-1445737935_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-57843500-1445738021_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-75815400-1445738105_thumb.jpg

These two show the Bones Giant  (and crew, and hangers on) crafted by DixonGrfx: above front-ish view, below back view...

post-7586-0-03338500-1445738144_thumb.jpg

post-7586-0-59423800-1445738162_thumb.jpg

Edited by TGP
  • Like 20

I saw these on Facebook, they're all really cool.  The one with the wings for arms is probably my favorite conversion as it looks like it was supposed to be that way.

• Like 2

I saw these on Facebook, they're all really cool.  The one with the wings for arms is probably my favorite conversion as it looks like it was supposed to be that way.

Agreed!

The green sharpie is in most of the pictures to establish scale. Bone Giant stands about 4-5 inches tall (in stock condition).

I really like that one as well. Makes you wonder if it was a giant harpy when it was alive.

Jason also shot a set of pics and I suspect those are the ones that made it to facebook.

Ahhhh reminds me of last RAC ( that is where I made my two headed giant skeleton conversion)

If I dig and search will it be found somewhere on the forums?

Those are great!

Looking forward to seeing them painted up!

That will be up to the individual owners, if they have logins on the forums, etc. Going forward I will do cross-links to their WiP painting threads if I learn of them or get a PM about them.

I will use this thread if I get ambitious enough to attempt putting paint on the one I did. (Mine was the one summoned by the mousling necromancer. Beware! the mousling necromancer—big things can be summoned from small scrolls.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

This one is mine. If I had found more of the smaller skellies, they would be all over him. :)

Thanx Dixon. I have gone back and added a caption and credit to the initial post.

Edited by TGP