• Members
I might as well just order 2 more paint racks..
11221362_10153664657493057_4195338919310
Reaper Miniatures
6 hrs Â· 

Introducing MSP BONES HD Paints!

Reaper Miniatures, Inc. is pleased to announce the newest brand in our line of best-selling Master Series Paints! Introducing MSP BONES HD Paints! MSP Bones paints have been specifically designed to work perfectly on Reaper BONES miniatures! MSP Bones paints are made from the same formula as our MSP HD paint colors, featuring one-coat coverage, smooth consistency, and water soluble.

The first 54 colors in the MSP BONES range includes the following:

9401 Dragon Red
9402 Heraldic Red
9403 Monster Maw
9404 Cinnamon Red
9405 Volcanic Orange
9406 Sunrise Orange
9407 Lantern Yellow
9408 Candlelight Yellow
9409 Canary Yellow
9410 Ancient Oak
9411 Wilderness Green
9412 Dragon Green
9413 Naga Green
9414 Cats-Eye Green
9415 Dungeon Slime
9416 Spectral Glow
9417 Void Blue
9418 Oceanic Blue
9419 Tropical Blue
9420 Glacier Blue
9421 Frost Blue
9422 Nightsky Indigo
9423 Styx Purple
9424 Runic Purple
9425 Icy Violet
9426 Charred Brown
9427 Nut Brown
9428 Saddle Brown
9429 Rich Leather
9430 Polished Leather
9431 Desert Stone
9432 Desert Sand
9433 Mountain Stone
9434 Wolf Grey
9435 Skeleton Bone
9436 Bleached Linen
9437 Dragon Black
9438 Tempest Grey
9439 Dragon White
9440 Ebony Flesh
9441 Ruddy Flesh
9442 Barbarian Flesh
9443 Warrior Flesh
9444 Scholar Flesh
9445 Youthful Flesh
9446 Pale Flesh
9447 Undead Flesh
9448 Dragon Copper
9449 Dragon Bronze
9450 Dragon Gold
9451 Dwarven Gold
9452 Blade Steel 
9453 Filigree Silver
9454 Shining Mithril

MSP BONES HD Paints are perfect for both beginning and professional painters alike!

Coming in early 2016 from Reaper Miniatures!

• Like 9
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all, please look at Dragon Copper by itself: Just gaze at all that majesty. Then, look at how great Spectral Glow works when smooshed on as verdigris: If that doesn't make you want to b

From Anne: we wanted to do a Bones branded line for beginners but we also wanted it to seamlessly integrate with our existing HD line to give people more high density color options. This is that line

Something from Reapers Facebook page this morning. Orders placed through Reapers Online store during the month of December will get a random bottle from the new upcoming Bones HD paint line.

Posted Images

These are supposed to work very well on Bones I would gather. Not all the current paint lines work very will unless you put something like liner down on them. 

I'm hoping its new as they have noted it is being set-up to work on bones without an issue. I'm sure someone from Reaper will clear up the confusion about it at some point before it releases.

Reaper facebook page says these are the exact same formula as the HD line. Why the rebranding? Reapers business, possibly to encourage more sales of their bones line, but at the same time this may confuse people into thinking that only MSP Bones paint will work on bones? 

I'm not complaining, I'll buy either way and the dragon colors and new colors just encourages that. I'm hoping these are some reintroduced Propaint colors that I can't get anymore.

• Like 4

Reaper facebook page says these are the exact same formula as the HD line. Why the rebranding? Reapers business, possibly to encourage more sales of their bones line, but at the same time this may confuse people into thinking that only MSP Bones paint will work on bones? 

I'm not complaining, I'll buy either way and the dragon colors and new colors just encourages that. I'm hoping these are some reintroduced Propaint colors that I can't get anymore.

It's not even clear to me that this is a rebranding. Are they eliminating or transferring the HD line, or are they just keeping two lines with different paints of identical formulations?

• Like 1

Notice the Numbers.

Those are MSP numbers. HD paints are 298XX. MSP is 9XXX. Pro was 8XXX. HGB is 611XX.

MSP ends at 9313 on my current list, but the Special Editions are all 965X. If the HDBones (HDB?) are 94XX, they won't have a lot of room to grow.

• Like 3

It's not even clear to me that this is a rebranding. Are they eliminating or transferring the HD line, or are they just keeping two lines with different paints of identical formulations?

Or is this a full expansion of the HD line to bring it up to higher numbers?

As everyone else, I'm also curious. The "Bones" in the name makes it sound like it works better on bonesium, and all of us regulars already know the regular HD line works well. Is it a new formula that works better on that tricky hydrophobic unprimed first layer?

For a retailer, or new buyer's point of view, the "Bones" branding would immediately answer the "Does this paint work with Bones mini?" that regularly gets asked. But at the same time, it beckons the "Will this paint work on regular metal minis?"

Reaper, please answer!

[Looks at time and date of posts]

Reaper, have a good nights rest; eat a hearty breakfast; read the papers; spend time with the family; catch up on all those weekend projects; have a nap; *THEN* answer!

And step on it!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4