• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all, please look at Dragon Copper by itself: Just gaze at all that majesty. Then, look at how great Spectral Glow works when smooshed on as verdigris: If that doesn't make you want to b

From Anne: we wanted to do a Bones branded line for beginners but we also wanted it to seamlessly integrate with our existing HD line to give people more high density color options. This is that line

Something from Reapers Facebook page this morning. Orders placed through Reapers Online store during the month of December will get a random bottle from the new upcoming Bones HD paint line.

Posted Images

Also eager for more detail.  I think the questions pretty much are:

1)  How are "MSP Bones" different than the "MSP HD" we already have from a formula perspective.  Sounds like they aren't, but just a different branding to fit in line with their large line of Bones figures.  And then will the MSP HD branded paints go away and all migrate to this new MSP Bones branding?

2)  From a "color" perspective, do these over lap with existing paint colors or are these all new colors?  Or a mix of old and new?

As said, I am sure they are all busy on their RAC weekend and will get more info as the week(s) move on of course before they are released.

• Like 2

From Anne: we wanted to do a Bones branded line for beginners but we also wanted it to seamlessly integrate with our existing HD line to give people more high density color options. This is that line.

These are all new colors.

All new colors! Excellent news! Kudos to Anne and her paint team. They are going to be busy bottling paint between this, normal production, and the KS needs coming up. Can't wait to see the swatches to have a rough idea of the colors. Edited by Harrek
  • Like 3

I hear you, Little Blu. The nearby city has two gaming stores, but one only has Citadel paints, the other has Reaper minis but only Citadel and P3 paints. They're good, but I would like to give my money to some Reaper love.

Speaking of which, will the new paints be added to the complete set? And will it have its own expansion?

NEW COLORS YAY!!!! :bday:

I think my wallet just died a little, lol.

Good idea Darsc, I will be asking my FLGS about at least stocking the "Bones" paints...  They already sell a ton of Bones minis, so it would be a fairly safe bet for them. 

I will be doing the same! :D They almost exclusively carry Reaper figures, 90% of which are Bones. I'll put a bug in the owner's ear, and hopefully convince him that he can spare just a leeeetle bit of shelf space for these paints. :D

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 4

Yippee!  I totally dig Reaper MSP, but I bounce around between paint lines as I like to use up colors I have before buying more.  I'm curious enough to buy a few bottles and try em out in my next video though.

From Anne: we wanted to do a Bones branded line for beginners but we also wanted it to seamlessly integrate with our existing HD line to give people more high density color options. This is that line.

These are all new colors.

sigh... between the Bonesylvanians and new releases and these paints, my wallet is whisper thin!   ^_^

• Like 2

Reaper facebook page says these are the exact same formula as the HD line. Why the rebranding? Reapers business, possibly to encourage more sales of their bones line, but at the same time this may confuse people into thinking that only MSP Bones paint will work on bones? 

I'm not complaining, I'll buy either way and the dragon colors and new colors just encourages that. I'm hoping these are some reintroduced Propaint colors that I can't get anymore.

It's not even clear to me that this is a rebranding. Are they eliminating or transferring the HD line, or are they just keeping two lines with different paints of identical formulations?

Identical formulations? That's accurate, but I am thinking perhaps you do not use the terms the way we do. Rebranding? Not even a tiny bit. There may be some confusion here, I will attempt to clear up.

When we talk about having the "same formulation" as MSP HD, we don't mean we're taking an existing MSP HD color recipe (add 1 part Base X, .5 parts Medium Y, .3 parts Pigments Z,C,A and .1part of B, mix, bottle) and putting it in a MSP Bones bottle. We mean that the basic formulation - the kinds of mediums and additives we include in our paints for matte, adhesion, thinning, and consistency; the kinds of materials included in the paint base that improve adhesion and opacity as well as richness and depth of color; and the kinds of pigments and pigment additives we use; that these things are all the same. In this way, the MSP Bones line will integrate with your existing and future paints, and you can note that it 'plays well with others'. 

MSP Bones will have a similar formula at its base (the "same formulation") as the HD paints - ingredients which promote high opacity, high coverage, consistency of color. These are very much the Sibling line to the MSP HD paints. They are intended to work effortlessly on Bones product, and to seamlessly integrate with exiting MSP HD and MSP Core color products (and  by extension, the Heavy Gear Blitz Licensed colors). This means, to answer Cranky Dog's question, that the formulation is intended to fight, as much as we are able, the hydrophobia and beading issues that a few of our existing colors have. They will, therefore, work as well on Resin or metal figures as their sibling lines, although they were created specifically to work better on Bones than our existing lines currently do.

What they aren't is, they aren't existing MSP HD or MSP Core Colors under a new label with a new name. 

Higher Up-thread was the question that fans may think these can only be used for bones, or that our other colors , by extension, cannot. This is a valid concern. At our paint and take events, we reach several thousand people per event, and tens of thousands every year. We will begin almost immediately using MSP Bones paints, MSP HD paints, and MSP Core Color paints in combination at these events, and our staff will do our best to educate these tens of thousands of people on the distinctions and uses. That particular battle is now what we must we wage just as daily as we wage the fight from fans who think they can only use Pathfinder Licensed models in their Pathfinder Games, or that they cannot use Warlord Models because they play RPGs and not WarGames. 

Aryanun asked about the line ranges and growth potential - We understand that there is maximum size for all of our paint ranges, from a practicality standpoint for retailers, consumers, and for us in our color formulations. The numbering reflects that understanding.

MissMelons asked about LTPK Exclusives. I am unaware of any intentions to make any of the MSP Bones line exclusive to the LTPK line. As far as re-doing the LTPK books, there aren't plans to do that. MSP HD paints are wonderful for Bones, as well as metal and resin applications. This line does not change that. This line is more ready to aid the novice painter in choosing paints for their new Bones, and to supplement the existing lines.