Zombies, Red Box Games

Patrik Strom

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good stuff ...

I'm glad I looked at the tutorial link you posted.  I noted this Chaos Champion of Tzeentch , liked the head and thought immediately of the Tengu in Bones III.  While I love the Oni of the Eastern Legends, the Tengu just didn't do it for me.  Now I can imagine their heads in a better light.  Not that I'll be able to achieve the quality of Chaos Champion noted previously.  Still, it's worth a shot.  Thanks for link.

• Like 1

Thanks all!

That is a great horde! Any chance of a picture of them all together?

Of course! Here are the walking dead:

post-6964-0-39498200-1445877747_thumb.jpg

good stuff ...

I'm glad I looked at the tutorial link you posted.  I noted this Chaos Champion of Tzeentch , liked the head and thought immediately of the Tengu in Bones III.  While I love the Oni of the Eastern Legends, the Tengu just didn't do it for me.  Now I can imagine their heads in a better light.  Not that I'll be able to achieve the quality of Chaos Champion noted previously.  Still, it's worth a shot.  Thanks for link.

You're welcome :)

Nice! And the sculpts look awesome! I'll need to get me some

Yes, you do! I think they're still available for purchase. These are trollcast from Tre's first kickstarter. I think the ones in his online store are metal. Which is a good thing since the trollcast stuff is kind of brittle.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of Bob Ridolfi's sweet little undead monsters from earlier this summer.  I tried some grey skin tones to give her a "definitely not human" look, with the contrasting pale yellow funeral dress.  It's all right, and there's nothing you need to be concerned about here....

• By planetmut
      Another Ebay find! The base is foamboard, sand, and Vallejo Mud & Grass paint with some Citadel Stirland Battlemire. The model was a ton of fun to paint.

• By planetmut
      From left: Lisa Lambaste, security guard Ken (painted as a Vermont state trooper), Red Raine, and Beth.
    • By Chris Palmer
      One the past few weeks I have been working on the Zombie Dwarf Thanes from the Bones 5 "The Dwarf King's Crypt" Encounter set.   I ordered two of these Encounter sets, as I wanted doubles of some of the scenario pieces, as well as double the 3 zombie figures that came with the Encounter.

To help make their appearance seem more varied, I swapped a hand between Thane #1 and Thane #2.   I also trimmed the circlets off some of their heads to try and make them look more like average Dwarves.

(Edit: For some reason he photos uploaded out of order, so the backs of Thane #2 are shown after Thane #3 fronts, and the backs of Thane #3 are shown after Thane 2's fronts.)

Thane #2

Thane #1

Thane #3

The whole shambling gang

• By R2ED
      I was focused on speed, not detail.  This was trying to work them with as few colors as possible.  The more I look at them, the more they look lik ea value sketch more than a painted model, but I'm looking for where to go with them.

Another thing I need to know, is what do you all do with eye sockets?  How do you paint them or what do you do with them?

For the woman zombie, I used an ink pen and am kind of miffed that it turned out than other eyes I put way more time into.  I know I can use this in conjunction with painting, but just dotting it came out pretty believable.  I think some of that is the fact it's a dead stare, so of course, just a wash and a dot does fine.  I would be curious to know how any one else uses the pens and paint in combo.