Crowley

Frostgrave Terrain

Tonight I slapped some paint on my teleport pads. Quick and dirty, but they're done. Do really need to put some clear coat on them. Grey flannel drybrush, plus true navy and some white for the pads themselves. A gold sharpie marker did the rest. 

14358682_10209112432720221_2240437654493

They need some clear coat next. 

• Like 14

Blasted them with clear coat last night. Noticed that on 2 of them, the spray primer is flaking off on the inside of the lids. Not sure what that's all about... But it doesn't seem to be flaking anywhere else.

• Like 1

Blasted them with clear coat last night. Noticed that on 2 of them, the spray primer is flaking off on the inside of the lids. Not sure what that's all about... But it doesn't seem to be flaking anywhere else.

Were they clean inside before you sprayed them?  I always run my juice lids through the dishwasher before painting.

• Like 1

The bookshelf looks awesome!  I love all the little extras on there as well.  The teleport pads looked cool, sorry to hear about the primer flaking off.  I've had that happn on those juice tops before if, usually if I forget to wash them with soap and water first.

• Like 1

Okay... too long since I posted... But then progress has been a little non-existent as I was focusing on stuff for ReaperCon. But that has sadly passed, so back to it!

14938209_10209512950052904_8233566755993

You can see a whole bunch of primed minis in all sorts of scales, and the roof they'll be living in. Originally I was going to glue them all in and then paint them. I realized this was a bad idea very quickly. Of course I still need to figure out how to glue them on, since the roof is foamcore. Usually I would use superglue, but that eats the foam. Maybe I'll just use hot glue and then cover it all with snow effects. Behind the wood glue is the house paint I used as primer for the roof.

Still need to build the other stairs... and I'm debating adding some more details to the temple itself. We'll see what I can accomplish this weekend.

• Like 10

Decided to get the library shelves worked on. 

15027983_10209559835985023_7962549063568

It's a total of almost 9 linear feet of bookshelves...  :blink:

• Like 14

The plan for our December game is to do the Library scenario and use the entire 12'x3' table as the library. So it's going to take A LOT of bookshelves. I asked everyone to make at least 3'; David is just overachieving. :) Nonetheless, I'm sure glad he made that much, as I'm sure we'll need it!

• Like 6

You certainly don't do things by halves, that's for sure! Good luck, I'm sure it'll look awesome in the end

In for a penny... I wanted to make sure that I had enough to basically fill a 3*3 table for the library scenario. And given that they're so easy to make...

The plan for our December game is to do the Library scenario and use the entire 12'x3' table as the library. So it's going to take A LOT of bookshelves. I asked everyone to make at least 3'; David is just overachieving. :) Nonetheless, I'm sure glad he made that much, as I'm sure we'll need it!

::D:  Of course I also kinda forgot we'd moved the library scenario to December... So I was trying to work on both the shelves and the temple. Let's just say that's not gonna happen.

So, back to the temple! Last night I added an inner wall to make arches for the windows, and then primed it.

15109368_10209613551967889_4934879412205

15094456_10209613552087892_3013429725918

As you can see, I'm using house paint. The color was a light grey. I dumped most of a bottle of black craft paint in to darken it up some. Probably could have doubled the amount of black...  Still thinking about adding some sort of walkway around the top... But given that we need it for Saturday, I may skip it.

• Like 9

Looking good!   Can't wait to see it in person.

Eric was talking about doing a scenario next campaign where some sort of portal opens and various demons start pouring through... I'm thinking that pentagram would be an ideal place for that to happen. :)  

• Like 3

15032106_10209618708776806_5713131083004Testing the layout. 

Now, do I glue them in now, or paint them all first?? I think probably paint first.. 

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 12