Chris Palmer

Sascha Dubois, Chronomancer's Apprentice Conversion (80004)

This past weekend, I completed the Sascha Dubois figure that I have been posting about in the Work in Progress forum:
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65049-sascha-dubois-chronomancers-apprentice-conversion/

For those who haven't read that thread, my goal was to convert this futurisitc Science Fiction figure into a fantasy magic-user type to serve as my Chronomancer's Apprentice for my Frostgrave games.

While not the greatest paint job, it is one of the best I've done for a figure destined to be a game piece, and not one for display.  

22305274049_6226e9bfec_k.jpgIMG_5581 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr

22305278089_a57fced44c_k.jpgIMG_5582 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5584.JPG

I even attempted to paint the hands on her magic  pocket watch.  :blink: 
22304420588_f8011d1cf5_k.jpgIMG_5590 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr

• Like 17

Thanks for the comments!

She looks cool, though her sword is a bit large. :)

The sword is from the Bones "Mi-Sher" figure. So shouldn't be too out of scale. I figure it's size is because it's an old cavalry saber blade she obtained, probably from the same place she got the coat. :-)

• Like 3

I recently painted her myself you did a great job and good work in the conversion

• Like 1

This turned out very nicely; great job! I love the coat.

Nicely done! Love seeing a good conversion or modification to figures. 

So do I.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      I painted Devil Girl's clothing in Vallejo Black and thought, "God, that's boring". So I added 1/3 Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue to the black and redid her coat. Adding the blue makes the black much richer, and I washed the black over with Army Painter Blue Tone. Her skin was done with Vallejo Flat Red, Red and Vermillion. Her hair is black and drybrushed with Vallejo Royal Purple. The lava is Liquitex Modelling Paste and the slabs are just plasticard. Her eyes took FOREVER to get right, which was frustrating as hell as they're just yellow with a thin black line.

The paint scheme and base are shamelessly ripped off this one by @TheOldGuard, although he/she can do OSL and I can't (and wasn't even going to attempt it).

• By 72moonglum
      So in all honestly, no idea what a prestidigitator is, and every time I spell it, I'm afraid I'm going to get it wrong!

So just finished this figure sculpted by the late, great Dennis Mize I'm guessing some time in the nineties. She's a very simple figure, just a mage, some gloves and a dagger, so it didn't take too long. The longest part was of course figuring out what color to make her, which took a few days. In the meantime I did her skin, face and hair.   I was kind of torn between green and red, and red eventually won.

I really like how the photos came out.  I tried taking them this afternoon at lunch, like I usually do, but because of some glaring problems with the miniature, a hair on her for example, and a bit of lint or dust, as well as a few imperfections I spotted in the paint job, I figured I'd try again tomorrow. I got home though and it was still pretty light outside, so I actually took her in the back yard and photographed her. I think the colors came out very vibrant with this in mind.  So anyhoos, here she is, enjoy:

• By Hyjynx
      I would like to try airbrushing different sets of skin tones onto multiple copies (5+)  of the same female figure as practice and as a reference for other models. Anyone recommend a Bones fig that is large enough to have quite a bit of exposed skin, but cheap enough that lots of copies wouldn't set me back too much. Yaphima (sure I spelled it wrong) the Frost giant comes to mind first, but looking for other options
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

So I had shown off the face of this poor lass a day or two ago, due to the fact that she had a horrible accident with a bottle of red paint and I had to repair her.  She's okay though now, and here is what she looks like in her entirety:

with a nice little size comparison photo just for fun. She's small, but not super small, but always nice to have the option to check her size out:

and if you are at all interested in seeing her painful plastic surgery, you can check out here:

A face full of blood

Which will show you my temporary chagrin and dismay.  You'll see another miniature I'm posting at more or less the same time, a Ral Partha Allosaurus, that was the culprit of the red paint.

Anyway, another miniature done, chiseling away at my mortal coil!

Next!!!
    • By planetmut
      Not as happy with Candy as I was with Sugar, but she was fun to paint. She does have pupils in her eyes, honest.

I've just noticed a strip of white on the top of her left thigh. Great.

• Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)