Oathsworn badger

Kangaroorex

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you all for the responses.  As I said the basing was a challenge but it is a really impressive piece and the new base was worth it. 

The light color of the little cape/blankie sets the piece off really well.  As an aside it also helped my annoying autofocus camera decide the light levels were okay as well.

• Like 2

He's awesome. I love the color of the cape. I think his fur looks good. My only nit pick is I think the facial fur around the eyes is too stark. I suggest wetting the underside where the dark color meets the white with a little water then take just a tad of the the dark color and let it bleed into the white. Just a bit. Same for the top of the head. It'll soften that transition and look more natural. :-)

• Like 2

]I tried that about 3 times.  Maybe its just me or I am missing the skill but the line just got to fuzzy.  the pictures of badgers I have seen shows an absolutely stark transition from the white to black.  almost like a painted line.  I should try again though at the back where the colors transition to grey, but the black white transition is just razor sharp.  I mean honestly, to me the live badger looks like someone painted racing stripes on him.  (and yes I did consider badger warpaint... maybe on the next one. ::):

post-5901-0-83671900-1446068507.jpg

• Like 5