odinsgrandson

Kingdom Death: Monster bases- Added 2nd set at top of page 2

I had some instamold.  Some of them are faces I made, but most are based off of my three year old daughter's dolls.

Worked really well.  I think the King's Hand is standing on Pocahontas.

• Like 7

Cool, thanks!  Now to find some dolls.... :)

I haven't found them all to be equal.  The ones that work best are the dolls with their eye-lids defined in the sculpture (rather than just painted on).

I had a bit of variety to go with- and my daughter volunteered her dolls (at first, she volunteered the less favorite ones, then she decided it was cool and started volunteering the ones she's more fond of).

• Like 2

I saw that Scibor makes some smaller bases like this. I'd rather make my own, as you did. I'll have to keep an eye out at thrift stores and garage sales. Thanks!

I had some instamold.  Some of them are faces I made, but most are based off of my three year old daughter's dolls.

That Sir, Is an awesome idea..

• Like 1

That Sir, Is an awesome idea..

Indeed! They're fantastic bases. ::): 

• Like 1

- Thanks.  I honestly think that the Plains of Faces are among the most disturbing settings I've encountered.  I'm really trying to follow the mood and images that Poots has established.

- Also, I forgot one when I added all of the pictures.

Here's the phoenix base.  Client is actually waiting for the assembly instructions before he puts it the rest of the way together.  He'll be painting it as a lava base (although blood is always an option).

death-base-7.jpg?i=66668413

• Like 5