Good job, Jay! I really like the base and the color palette you chose for her. My only critique is that the skin looks a bit rough in places, not sure if that's from dried paint pebbling on you or if she's just got some roughness to her cast.

• Like 1

She looks good man.  I want to know where those flowers came from though.  Do tell!

Likewise on the skin--glad to hear any tricks to avoid that (though last time it was because I didn't clean the dust off them well enough to prime..).

• Like 1

Good job, Jay! I really like the base and the color palette you chose for her. My only critique is that the skin looks a bit rough in places, not sure if that's from dried paint pebbling on you or if she's just got some roughness to her cast.

There is a rough granularity to the blade casting, and I had to play with it A LOT to get it untwisted, and to look somewhat natural.

I thought about filing it, but was way to soft to attempt, and risk a snap off ::(:

There is a rough granularity to the blade casting, and I had to play with it A LOT to get it untwisted, and to look somewhat natural.

I thought about filing it, but was way to soft to attempt, and risk a snap off ::(:

Ahh, that explains it. 

She looks good man.  I want to know where those flowers came from though.  Do tell!

Likewise on the skin--glad to hear any tricks to avoid that (though last time it was because I didn't clean the dust off them well enough to prime..).

Flowers came from Scenic Express...Chain your wallet before you go looking for the site.. $$$ goes zing when you look at catalog.

I use my flesh tones in a 50/50 (paint/water) mix.  I apply MANY coats to ensure that they are smooth.

In this case, the mini was pitted, and nubby, so that over rode any care that I have taken.

I hope that you scrub your mini's with a tooth brush and soap before priming them...

always a smart move !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 3

Despite any roughness to the casting & being armed to the teeth The Girl is LOVELY with the sweetest of expressions. Nice as the miniature is, it is your OUTSTANDING base that make the piece for moi. SPLENDID WORK!

• Like 2

Flowers came from Scenic Express...Chain your wallet before you go looking for the site.. $$$ goes zing when you look at catalog.

Jay, you make me so proud, like a papa - enabling another!  :lol:

• Like 1

Jay Drags Master a flagon and a boiling pot of coffee... Yessss...Master....needssss moreeeee  bassessstttssses.

• Like 2

Jay Drags Master a flagon and a boiling pot of coffee... Yessss...Master....needssss moreeeee  bassessstttssses.

Good GOOOD! BWAHAHAH!

Despite any roughness to the casting & being armed to the teeth The Girl is LOVELY with the sweetest of expressions. Nice as the miniature is, it is your OUTSTANDING base that make the piece for moi. SPLENDID WORK!

Thank You Malefactus !!!

You made me smile with your comment.

I just varnished the miniature, and that covered over a lot of the roughness of the casting.

I also wanted to comment on the leg armor.

I painted it first with a coat of Grey Gunmetal, let that dry.

then came back over it with a very watered down light green (to fill in the plains).

I then came back over with a 50/50 coat of old gold on the design.

Then a final coat of 5050 gold as a highlight.

I really like the effect of that on the armor. (I did use a coating of brown liner on it to begin with).

Jay

Edited by Jasonator

She's a cute little thing. I like her brassy armor and the pretty flowered base.

• Like 1

I really like her hair. Very pretty colors go well with the colors on her base.

Thanks Pochi;

Doing her hair was a lot of fun, I've recently started to appreciate doing red hair,

I was planning on the flower base, so I was looking at colors that would react to the red and purple phlox base !

She's a cute little thing. I like her brassy armor and the pretty flowered base.

I really worked on that armor Pingo, and so glad you picked up on it.

The base was a hoot to do.

(oh, and I decided to add some new paint trays (acrylic nail polish holders), made me get the basing done, so I could clean up the mess).

• Like 2