Auberon

Kingdom Death: Monster - Female Survivor #2

Another week, another survivor that I don't know the name of.  (Fluff, who reads it?)  For the second female I attempted to conquer the Scale75 Arabic Shadow.  Of the paints in the flesh set, it is the one that I find kind of odd.  While it's worked ok as a minor component of darker mixes it just doesn't look right next to any of the other colors, especially the lighter ones.  In order to get my shadows and highlights to play well together, I tried to make sure that each mix was at least a quarter Arabic Shadow.  After many mixes and much layering I've decided that you can get a decent skin out of it, but it was a whole lot of work to recreate something that I believe already exists as part of Reaper's Olive triad. What I have isn't well blended, but I've lost interest in her.

This survivor is topless though she does have a conveniently placed arm that covers her just as well as any other fantasy female garb.  As such I don't really consider her NSFW, but I've gone ahead and attempted to create a dropbox photo group using just one link.  It's working for me, but if anyone has an issue with the link I'll add in separate direct links for each photo. The images are autocropped for preview, but clicking one will start a slideshow.

Female Survivor

Once I finish the lion I'll do a group shot of all the starting pieces for the game.  If I'm feeling particularly motivated I might even touch some of them up with the feedback I've received so far.  ::):  That said, I'm starting to feel a bit of KD:M burnout so I might work on something unrelated this week.

• Like 19

Thanks, glad you liked her.  Sadly, she is on pace to be the least popular mini I've posted this year.  :down:   Anyway, I have taken a break from KD:M and am prepping wonderful chunk of metal instead of plastic. The only downside is that I won't have it done in time for five straight weekends of mini completion. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Mr. Lovely Locks (aka Gadrock), a character from the game Kingdom Death:- Monster. He's prepared to face the unspeakable horrors lurking in the darkness with nothing more than a jawbone knuckleduster and an overgrown fringe.

Really pleased with this one, I'm happy with how his skin turned out and I didn't make a mess painting all those cuts he's acquired. 

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By planetmut
      It took me ages to choose a colour scheme for the Valkeeri Leader. I eventually decided on Army Painter Shining Silver to go with the whole pulp scifi theme, and VGC Warlock Purple because why not. I was worried the silver bits of her uniform would look like armour instead of metallic cloth but I think it's turned out OK. For once I managed to get her eyes to a decent standard and her hair came out looking good too. Her gun is VMC Brass, toned down with VGC Sepia Wash and Liquitex matte varnish. Her lips are a tiny dab of VMC Brown Rose.

I forgot about her cape until I was finished with her, so it got a few thin coats of Warlock Purple and then began the fun and games of gluing it to the figure. Four attempts later I got it in what I hope is the right position and touched up the purple.

• By aku-chan
      I have a Lion:-

A Gigalion in fact.

I have some Hunters:-

Lets do this thing.

Started with the first Hunter:-

I'm calling him Mr. Lovely Locks.

Made some progress:-

Done his skin so far (Dwarf Skin > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Skin > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Light Skin), plus some 1:1 Scarlett Red/Dwarf Skin claw marks and an Old Rose nipple.
    • By planetmut
      I painted Devil Girl's clothing in Vallejo Black and thought, "God, that's boring". So I added 1/3 Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue to the black and redid her coat. Adding the blue makes the black much richer, and I washed the black over with Army Painter Blue Tone. Her skin was done with Vallejo Flat Red, Red and Vermillion. Her hair is black and drybrushed with Vallejo Royal Purple. The lava is Liquitex Modelling Paste and the slabs are just plasticard. Her eyes took FOREVER to get right, which was frustrating as hell as they're just yellow with a thin black line.

The paint scheme and base are shamelessly ripped off this one by @TheOldGuard, although he/she can do OSL and I can't (and wasn't even going to attempt it).

• Who's Online   55 Members, 0 Anonymous, 232 Guests (See full list)