Auberon

Kingdom Death: Monster - Female Survivor #2

Another week, another survivor that I don't know the name of.  (Fluff, who reads it?)  For the second female I attempted to conquer the Scale75 Arabic Shadow.  Of the paints in the flesh set, it is the one that I find kind of odd.  While it's worked ok as a minor component of darker mixes it just doesn't look right next to any of the other colors, especially the lighter ones.  In order to get my shadows and highlights to play well together, I tried to make sure that each mix was at least a quarter Arabic Shadow.  After many mixes and much layering I've decided that you can get a decent skin out of it, but it was a whole lot of work to recreate something that I believe already exists as part of Reaper's Olive triad. What I have isn't well blended, but I've lost interest in her.

This survivor is topless though she does have a conveniently placed arm that covers her just as well as any other fantasy female garb.  As such I don't really consider her NSFW, but I've gone ahead and attempted to create a dropbox photo group using just one link.  It's working for me, but if anyone has an issue with the link I'll add in separate direct links for each photo. The images are autocropped for preview, but clicking one will start a slideshow.

Female Survivor

Once I finish the lion I'll do a group shot of all the starting pieces for the game.  If I'm feeling particularly motivated I might even touch some of them up with the feedback I've received so far.  ::):  That said, I'm starting to feel a bit of KD:M burnout so I might work on something unrelated this week.

• Like 19

Thanks, glad you liked her.  Sadly, she is on pace to be the least popular mini I've posted this year.  :down:   Anyway, I have taken a break from KD:M and am prepping wonderful chunk of metal instead of plastic. The only downside is that I won't have it done in time for five straight weekends of mini completion. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version.  I used her for an experiment with Contrast paints.  I think it worked ok, but the softer detail gave a less desired effect -- at least on the armor. I had to go over that again with an ink wash.  The red came out very bright.  Maybe I could have gone over that with ink, too, but I liked the vivid contrast. She is a vampire, after all.  I drybrushed a little silver metal for highlights on her armor, looks good in hand, but the flash caught it and it looks like white spots in the pic. 

• By Pochi
      I painted an eyebeast for the D&D Painting class I was teaching One of the techniques we were working on was blending so I wanted to make sure that I chose colors that the techniques would show well hence the bright green and pink. The class was fun and everyone's eyebeasts turned out great!

• By Tolex Cat
      For a recent D&D session, the DM said he needed skellies so I knocked these out in about 90 mins.

I did go back after the session and fixed a little highlighting but all in all I was pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick paint up. Since bones absorb colors from the minerals around them, I wanted to go less bleached and more unhallowed, greasy, dirty look. So I stuck to the darker bone colors and used the sepia wash. I must have a thing for owlbears since I enjoy painting them and really loved the skeleton. 
    • By aku-chan
      I thought people might enjoy watching me helplessly flailing about as I attempt to paint an exceptionally intricate mini.

This is Tzandi:-

She's one fourth of my Monkey King Gang.
      Made a little progress today:-

Painted her skin.
      This started as a base of Elf Flesh, was shaded with Flesh Wash and then highlighted with Elf Flesh and 1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh.
      She then got lips of 1:1:1 Elf Flesh/Light Flesh/Warlord Purple, and dots of Brown Wash for eyes and between her lips.
      I had made a little bit of a mess painting her hands, so I went back over them carefully with Flesh Wash, just to give her separate fingers again.

I automatically started painting her bosom as skin before realising she's wearing a dress under her corset, so that will be painted over eventually. The next job is hair and her ridiculously tiny hair ribbons. 
    • By planetmut
      Foxtrot was fun to paint. She comes with two bodies, two heads and two sets of weapons so it's possible to make her up as a crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter or Hasslefree's version of Furiosa from Mad Max: Fury Road. As you can see, I decided on the crazy-haired gasmask-wearing nutter.

Her right hand is separate, so fun and games ensued trying to get it glued to her wrist. I didn't dare attempt to drill/pin it as there was barely enough space for the drill bit and I had visions of wrecking the metal. The stock of her AK was on the verge of falling off, so I just did away with it. Her base is the usual Liquitex modelling paste, sand and paint.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 383 Guests (See full list)