Sign in to follow this  
Auberon

Kingdom Death: Monster - Female Survivor #2

Another week, another survivor that I don't know the name of.  (Fluff, who reads it?)  For the second female I attempted to conquer the Scale75 Arabic Shadow.  Of the paints in the flesh set, it is the one that I find kind of odd.  While it's worked ok as a minor component of darker mixes it just doesn't look right next to any of the other colors, especially the lighter ones.  In order to get my shadows and highlights to play well together, I tried to make sure that each mix was at least a quarter Arabic Shadow.  After many mixes and much layering I've decided that you can get a decent skin out of it, but it was a whole lot of work to recreate something that I believe already exists as part of Reaper's Olive triad. What I have isn't well blended, but I've lost interest in her.

This survivor is topless though she does have a conveniently placed arm that covers her just as well as any other fantasy female garb.  As such I don't really consider her NSFW, but I've gone ahead and attempted to create a dropbox photo group using just one link.  It's working for me, but if anyone has an issue with the link I'll add in separate direct links for each photo. The images are autocropped for preview, but clicking one will start a slideshow.

Female Survivor

Once I finish the lion I'll do a group shot of all the starting pieces for the game.  If I'm feeling particularly motivated I might even touch some of them up with the feedback I've received so far.  ::):  That said, I'm starting to feel a bit of KD:M burnout so I might work on something unrelated this week.

• Like 19

Thanks, glad you liked her.  Sadly, she is on pace to be the least popular mini I've posted this year.  :down:   Anyway, I have taken a break from KD:M and am prepping wonderful chunk of metal instead of plastic. The only downside is that I won't have it done in time for five straight weekends of mini completion. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this