ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

In my experience, most people are compatible paint partners so I've found the "completely random" approach works well for assigning most people.  If you have a strange or specific request, that won't get left up to chance - I'll find someone who is compatible.  Work has been pretty intense the past couple of weeks so I haven't been around much, but things have slowed down for now and I'll be able to give Secret Sophie assignments the time that they need.

• Like 3

I liked having some preference discussion in the chatter thread as well if that is okay with the organizers.  I hate having to ask something super direct of my recipient because I like to surprise them.  If I have to ask something really specific such as "do you like coffee or are you allergic to chocolate" it kinda spoils the fun for me a little bit.  ::(:

• Like 4

I liked having some preference discussion in the chatter thread as well if that is okay with the organizers.  I hate having to ask something super direct of my recipient because I like to surprise them.  If I have to ask something really specific such as "do you like coffee or are you allergic to chocolate" it kinda spoils the fun for me a little bit.  ::(:

If you pore through the Randomness threads, you can find the likes and dislikes of most of us. Especially those of us that like or dislike coffee, that's a daily topic.

• Like 8

I'd suggest we try to put that stuff in THIS thread as it's relevant to the topic and then someone doesn't have to wade through 7000 pages or whatever. 

Not requesting food items, but if my partner wants to send them, this is what you need to know:

For me - allergic to walnuts and don't care for licorice. And, of course, love coffee!

ETA: I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, don't really care much for white chocolate at all.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

Fine. Make it easy on them.

For me: No known allergies, deathly yuck-aversion to the monstrosity commonly called "white chocolate" (which has absolutely 0 cocoa solids); love coffee, dark chocolate (especially with orange), sea salt caramel (pronounced care-a-mel), and licorice (like licorice licorice, not that red stuff people call "licorice" when it's actually "strawberry flavored twists").

Yes, I'm a foodie.

• Like 6

Redacted-send me anything! I have a wife and kids....

George

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 5

Like Ub3r I did not request food items but if you want to surprise me:

No allergies; I prefer tea over coffee; I love spicey black teas or minty greens; no fruity teas; not a big chocolate fan and I do not like dark chocolate but I do like white chocolate; I prefer my chocolate to have something in it like nuts; I LOVE toffee and nut brittles.

• Like 6

I'm pretty not-picky in general and it's up to whomever gets me if they want to send food items & coffee or just minis and related items.  I love chocolate, though I agree that "white-chocolate" is just another kind of candy and not chocolate at all.  I love coffee, I have a Keurig and a regular coffee pot, but no grinder for whole beans.  I have no food allergies and my only serious dislikes are bell pepper and peaches, which I doubt would show up in any case, and black licorice.  I also like teas, except for ones with rooibos in them, as well as hot ciders and the like.

Dsmiles, that's a good suggestion and I plan to go over posts for whomever my recipient is as well as checking this thread.  Old posts have been especially useful in choosing minis on other exchanges, but sometimes people don't talk about food and coffee in particular.

• Like 4

Not requesting food items. But, it would be nice!

Umm I'm allergic to Blue dye, if you look for it on the ingredients list it'll be something like Blue 1 or 2. Also allergic to Root Beer. (Yes, I know I have weird allergies) I prefer milk or Dark chocolates and tea to coffee. But, Black or Grey tea not, Green or fruit tea.  So, yeah anywho whatever my partner sends I'll love, be it with or without food. Besides, worse comes worse if I get food I can't eat I'll give it  to my family... Or take allergy pills before I eat it. 

• Like 5

Well, I'm in!

FOOD: Generally, I like to try new things. If it is not listed, I would most likely at least give it a try. Just know that I'm rather picky and might not like it, so only put a couple of those kind of things in it. Most Sticky, Gooey Candies are bad for me due to my Dentures. However, in small amounts I can deal with the Softer kinds by "Gumming" them. See the Salt Water Taffy below.

LIKES: Cookies(Chocolate Chip/Oatmeal Raisin. NO NUTS For either.), Milk Chocolate candy(Crunch/Crackle, Mr. Goodbar types are favorites) Love Hot Chocolate, especially the Fancy Minty kinds. LOVE FRESH Salt water Taffy in small amounts. A dozen or so pieces will go a long way for me!

DISLIKES: Jolly Ranchers. Chewing/Bubble Gum. Not a Coffee Drinker. I have picky tastes for most Teas, too picky in fact.

ALLERGIES: No Food related ones. If you use anything with the Medication "Voltarin" in it, please be careful to not get it on/in items for Me. Not a Deadly Allergy, but the Hives I get are rather unpleasent.

GF

P.S.:Forgot to post here that I LOVE Beef Jerky, so if I get anyone who could send it, that is an option, too.

Edited by Generic Fighter
  • Like 3

Good idea!

I didn't request food....but, if anyone was wondering....

I only eat sugar-free chocolate/candy. Absolutely love teas - any type, except anything licorice, (licorice flavour=sambucca, which a night of overindulging in my youth, makes me hate anything licorice).

And know that even if I can't eat something, I have a lovely niece and handsome nephew with voracious appetites and serious junk food habits. So it will find a good home!

• Like 4

I never request food. Its a bonus for me. 

But for me: I like tea a great deal and will try new flavors. If I dislike them I will still finish them at some point so it does not go to waste. I love chai and mint. I detest cherry cordials and most cherry flavored stuff. I am allergic to seafood, but it is very mild and anything like that gets given to the cats.

For Tesk: Much the same but she loves orange spice tea and is deathly allergic to mushrooms.

We both love chocolate of all kinds (but nothing with a spicy bite to it)

In case any are the type who like to include things for pets(I've known people like that)... I have 3 cats and a dog

• Like 3

I requested chocolate. I'm easy. 

You didn't even need to post that. Everybody knows you like chocolate.

Cue GEICO commercial.

• Like 7

In my experience, most people are compatible paint partners so I've found the "completely random" approach works well for assigning most people.  If you have a strange or specific request, that won't get left up to chance - I'll find someone who is compatible.  Work has been pretty intense the past couple of weeks so I haven't been around much, but things have slowed down for now and I'll be able to give Secret Sophie assignments the time that they need.

Example. In my not so subtle way, I asked for a platypus in the questionnaire. I was paired up with OneBoot who wanted to paint someone a platypus. ^____^

<3 platypod and OneBoot

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 8