ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

How does miniature assignment work? Do I simply get to know the recipients' preferences and then go buy something reaper that fits?

I ask because I'm from germany, and there's not the whole reaper range available in stores. I wonder if the assignment could be so specific that I'd have to order overseas which would be much more expensive.

How does miniature assignment work? Do I simply get to know the recipients' preferences and then go buy something reaper that fits?

I ask because I'm from germany, and there's not the whole reaper range available in stores. I wonder if the assignment could be so specific that I'd have to order overseas which would be much more expensive.

After we are done with sign-ups:

• Fanguad will get together 4 lists (spreadsheets) and split them in half (2 for him and 2 for me, one for each will be painted exchange + gift and the other will be just gifts).
  • We will both take a few days to randomly have people from my groups send to people from his groups and vice verse. So example: Group A (uber) sends to group B (Fan) for Gifts/Exchanges. Group C (uber) sends to Group D (Fan) Gifts only.
  • Now, we try to not have people who've painted for same people paired up again, rather try to get it so that you are painting for someone different with each exchange.
  • We will then send out PM's to every person on our lists with the survey you filled out for the person you are sending to.
  • Some people like to paint and gift for multiple partners, so they will receive multiple people's information to do so.
  • We ask that you try to use Reaper figures/products because they are gracious enough to allow us to do this on their Forum, but if you want to include other things that aren't Reaper in as gifts or painted exchanges such as you can't buy Reaper where you live or don't have any on hand because they are prohibitively expensive, please feel free to do so. The spirit of the Secret Sophie exchange is for fun.

I think I hit all of your questions with answers and some other information as I know people are curious about the process. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask ::):

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 11

Yeah Miss Melons was my recipient last year, which was a lovely excuse to go shopping in the fancy chocolates section of Fresh Market.

• Like 10

Yeah Miss Melons was my recipient last year, which was a lovely excuse to go shopping in the fancy chocolates section of Fresh Market.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes.

• Like 7

Moving the conversation over to here since it's now chatter --

Another thing you can do if you're just doing the gift part of the exchange... just have Reaper ship the package directly to your recipient.

Yep! This works great if you are outside the US too.

Although it can be confusing....
Txt from wife: "You got ANOTHER box from Reaper"
me:  "I don't remember ordering anything else"

Txt from wife: "sure...."

::): 

HAHA! Very true, I can see my wife saying something similar to that...

• Like 5

I thought that was OneBoot's line?

Perhaps one too many STOMPS of approval has skewed my viewpoint.

It's like getting hit in the head with an 8 lb sledge, I tell you.

• Like 8

I would not know. Perhaps my scales grant a measure of protection? Still excited to see who all is in and how many have joined in. I can't wait to get my partner. I'm thinking of painting and gift as I always tend to feel more generous around the holidays

• Like 3

I would not know. Perhaps my scales grant a measure of protection? Still excited to see who all is in and how many have joined in. I can't wait to get my partner. I'm thinking of painting and gift as I always tend to feel more generous around the holidays

I always paint. I signed up for "gift only" last year, and still painted something. It's an addiction.

• Like 9

I thought that was OneBoot's line?

Perhaps one too many STOMPS of approval has skewed my viewpoint.

It's like getting hit in the head with an 8 lb sledge, I tell you.

Aw. But it's an 8 lb sledge wrapped in velvet and wielded with love. Does that help? ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 12

I really like doing the work for someone who appreciates it.  That's really my fav part of the exchange. 

Sure I have given other minis away - parents, nephews, people in my gaming group .. 

but most of them don't paint, My nephews are only occasional gamers, and mostly just use my brother-in-laws extensive old mini collection.

I am worse at gifts, buying things for other people does not come easy to me.  Even my wife mostly gets things off her amazon wishlist. 

So I may need some specific ideas for non-mini gifts. 

next year My wife is getting a slightly modified frog riding a raptor  (thanks Stonehaven!) 

and my parents who raise sheep are getting a hand painted battle sheep.  ^^

Choosing and painting a minis  is much easier. 

BTW: 

Food Allergies: none 

Dislikes Coffee/ Tea 

Likes Chocolate

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8