ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

Here's the 2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - Chatter Thread!

If you haven't already, please go visit the Official Thread to get the questionnaire to send to Fanguad as he's the main coordinator and puts the spreadsheets together and hands off to me half the participants so that I can message them with their partners.

Remember, you don't have to paint anything for this exchange, we are doing an and/or here. Gift or Gift & Painted exchange!

We can discuss what we are doing, get some ideas of things to do from each other, post some teaser pics of what we are doing, even post final pics of what we get or links to show-off. 

Let the excitement commence, 'tis the Season!!!

• Like 3

As I told Fan, I already have something in mind, so I hope he can match me up with someone that wants what I want to paint!

Going to paint it anyway, but it would be neat if someone wants what I am thinking about!!!

George

Ub3r, are you ready for more pms? ::P:

• Like 3

As I told Fan, I already have something in mind, so I hope he can match me up with someone that wants what I want to paint!

Going to paint it anyway, but it would be neat if someone wants what I am thinking about!!!

George

Well if I have you in my group I'll try to match you up accordingly, but I think Fan is much busier than me so he may overlook that part as he assigns partners. I think he goes with a more random thing where he matches up people who haven't been matched before, but doesn't look too deep into everyone's preferences. This will more than likely have 60+ participants, I'd be willing to bet we hit 75 or even 80 this time around. That's a lot of information to sort through even if it's only 1/2 of the group.

• Like 3

George

I don't know what you are painting, but 99% of the board including myself will want it. :D

• Like 3

Last time I participated in winter exchange I didn't get anything :down: but then the organizer personally sent me a mini from his collection that matched what I was looking for.  So a big shoutout to dispatchdave, fanguad, ub3r and all the organizers who have put their heart and soul into making these exchanges happen over the years!

I'm pretty excitedfor this Secret Sophie. Though I do feel a little sorry for whoever has to paint what I requested... :D

• Like 7

Not really sure....

I want to do it because it will help get me back into painting again, but this is my busy/stress time.  :wacko:

So I'm going to ponder the idea for a bit.

• Like 5

Not really sure....

I want to do it because it will help get me back into painting again, but this is my busy/stress time.  :wacko:

You don't have to paint, you know. You can do the "gift only" portion. No stress needed.

EDIT: Are we doing likes/dislikes/allergies the way we did last year?

• Like 4

Not really sure....

I want to do it because it will help get me back into painting again, but this is my busy/stress time. :wacko:

You don't have to paint, you know. You can do the "gift only" portion. No stress needed.

EDIT: Are we doing likes/dislikes/allergies the way we did last year?

Yup. This is an AND/OR thing. Gifts only OR gifts + painted exchange.

Yes. Add it to your questionnaire if you have allergies, likes, dislikes for food, candy, baked goods. Fan has this in the official thread. Read the whole thing.

6. In the past some people have wanted to send food - please verify allergens, etc. with your partner before proceeding.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 2

Yeah, but I really want to paint, too. I'm still considering.

I can write and draw, too. Not sure how I can write something adequately, though, and I'm not as good as others here.  :wow:

• Like 2

Paint if you have time otherwise just send a gift. It can work that way easily.

Dang it. I knew I forgot something on my form. I forgot to put that I happen to abhor cordial cherries and most cherry favored types of things. Oh well...

My only real allergy is something I doubt anyone would send me so I feel safe (even if they did send fish I can feed it to the cats who will think I am wonderful). I need to get my shelves up Things were sent crashing to the floor including display minis that I now must repair...

• Like 3

Yeah, but I really want to paint, too. I'm still considering.

I can write and draw, too. Not sure how I can write something adequately, though, and I'm not as good as others here.  :wow:

Join in and if you run a little late just let the organizers know ahead of time and the will match you up with someone (like me) who does not mind it being late.

It is fun and I do like the anticipation aspect of it!

Paint if you have time otherwise just send a gift. It can work that way easily.

Dang it. I knew I forgot something on my form. I forgot to put that I happen to abhor cordial cherries and most cherry favored types of things. Oh well...

My only real allergy is something I doubt anyone would send me so I feel safe (even if they did send fish I can feed it to the cats who will think I am wonderful). I need to get my shelves up Things were sent crashing to the floor including display minis that I now must repair...

Sorry to hear that things took a tumble!  I am going to assume (because it is in a cats nature)  that the local feline was playing on the shelf (examining closely look for painting flaws) the minis.

so maybe no fish for a while!

• Like 4

I wish it was that Robin. No one just likes to have tons of room and so shoves everything off the top. The other just enjoys either watching it fall or the attention. Sometimes both. He'll look straight at us and then shove it off. Just shoves it and then looks pleased. He nearly got walloped when he debated sending Bast to the floor...

Also in the same vein as Robin. I actually have no objections to things being late. Even a couple of months late or a year...

• Like 4