Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

UPDATE! Project has had progress, slightly. Spent Tuesday at my FLGS to paint. Tried a technique the Owner reccomended. Unfortunately, the technique didn't work right due to a recent change in formula that the Owner hadn't known about. So spent the rest of the day redoing the paint job I did previously. :(

It wasn't fun:( So I will be super late, unfortunately:(

GF

• Like 4

UPDATE! Project has had progress, slightly. Spent Tuesday at my FLGS to paint. Tried a technique the Owner reccomended. Unfortunately, the technique didn't work right due to a recent change in formula that the Owner hadn't known about. So spent the rest of the day redoing the paint job I did previously. :(

It wasn't fun:( So I will be super late, unfortunately:(

GF

Sympathy liked for the re-doing of work. That always upsets me too.

• Like 3

I posted this in the official thread so the organizers would know my plan is for mine to go out on Monday but thought I would repost here in case my partner doesn't read that one. So, if you still haven't received anything, you may be my partner and here is what's going on:

My hubby mailed the gift portion of mine while I was in the states but my partner never received it. (Insert sad face.) My hubs didn't get a tracking number. (Insert angry face.)

So, I gave it a bit more time but since I still haven't heard that my partner ever got it, I went to the shops to buy more goodies. Both shops had NOTHING! Well, nothing that I wanted (or my partner wanted). So, I just placed an order on Reaper and that is shipping directly to my partner.

I am working on the painted minis and they are holding Cancon here (Canberra, Australia) this weekend and I am going to see if there is anything cool I want to throw in to the package when I mail the painted minis so mine will go out on Monday instead of Friday.

I am so sorry I am late! I am NEVER late and this is killing me! On the plus side for my partner, I am so guilt ridden, you are getting lots of goodies! (Insert goofy face!)

• Like 5

Got my package today from Wyvernfire!  Thanks a lot!

post-8582-0-56358100-1453422627_thumb.jpg

She painted me a cool diorama of an unsuspecting adventurer about to be attacked by a giant spider and a mimic.  I'll let Wyvernfire post good pics in a show-off thread.  (unless you don't have pics, in which case I can take some).  Presents include "Princess of Hell," "Darkrime Drake," "Bones HD Tropical Blue," some tea and beef jerky.

• Like 15

So, I stayed up till 3 this morning getting the base done so I could ship today. I ended up having to stay late at work so the post office is closed. Grr. Package will go out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

• Like 6

I like them all. We are definitely shipping by Feb 6. This is due to finances more than anything. Having my sister move in without job has put a really huge damper on the budget. We do have everything in hand just gotta get the money to ship it and we arranged to have that by the 6th. So I promise you will have you minis and gift

• Like 7

I got more paint on today!

Base coat fully done. Now for blending, layering, highlights, and fiddly bits.

Then I can finish the base.

• Like 6

I was looking at how much I still have to do...

How do you people finish so fast? I've put in about 20+ hours on this thing so far and all told am still only maybe half-way through this project.

Will have to see how tomorrow goes in installing the new hard drive. If it goes smoothly, and if I can get all appropriate files backed up, I hope to get some painting in.

• Like 6

Got mine today!  Woo!  I conic Fighter, Petrified shells, elven standard bearer, Squatch, abricks and basess

attachicon.gif2016-01-19 17.45.43.jpg

Petrified shells I think.. hey arrived wrapped like a small kilo of blow.. ;)

attachicon.gif2016-01-19 17.45.54.jpg

Sasquatch/Yeti

attachicon.gif2016-01-19 17.46.07.jpg

Ohhhh!! You got my package!  Not sure how I missed this post ::D:

I hope you like the Sasquatch.  He is probably one of my best minis ever painted, and I'm very proud of him!  Also the best eyes I've done, and I tried to make the base nice for you.  As far as getting a quality mini from me, you did about as well as you could have I think ::):  Hope you like him!  I'll make a post with my pictures in the Show Off forum right away.

What looks like petrified shells is actually a sliced and polished Ammonite (similar to a Nautiloid) fossil from Madagascar.  It's real, and they're common.   Looks very cool and if you were inspired maybe you could incorporate it into a base or a project or something.  I dunno, I just thought it was miniature-y.

I'm very glad my parcel made it to you in one piece, SamuraiJack, and I hope at least some of those things will inspire you to start a new project, in or out of your comfort zone! ::):

• Like 11

It's a race to see who of us late people will finish first!

No way am I using the word "paralympics" here ;)

"Procrastilympics" might be a better descriptor  :;):

• Like 7

My tracking info for my package seems to be stuck. It still only gives me the last update of having arrived at the sorting facility on the 20th....but it still says in transit and it still says that it's meant to be delivered today, so I guess there's still hope....but then it might be delayed by the snow that's been occurring. I'll just have to keep checking the tracking number for any updates.

• Like 5

My tracking info for my package seems to be stuck. It still only gives me the last update of having arrived at the sorting facility on the 20th....but it still says in transit and it still says that it's meant to be delivered today, so I guess there's still hope....but then it might be delayed by the snow that's been occurring. I'll just have to keep checking the tracking number for any updates.

Sign up for the USPS account and you can also have tracking info texted and/or emailed to you every time it updates.

Ups and fedex also have the same thing available.

• Like 2

Sign up for the USPS account and you can also have tracking info texted and/or emailed to you every time it updates.

Ups and fedex also have the same thing available.

I did. It just e-mails me the same info over and over.  ::P:

• Like 2