Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

So the tracking info says that the package arrived in the proper state yesterday and this morning it says that it has "departed USPS facility" in that state, but instead of updating the expected delivery date (which was meant to be the 23rd) it just removed the expected delivery date altogether.... so I guess it'll either arrive today if the USPS does delivery on Sundays in their area or it'll arrive tomorrow.

• Like 3

So the tracking info says that the package arrived in the proper state yesterday and this morning it says that it has "departed USPS facility" in that state, but instead of updating the expected delivery date (which was meant to be the 23rd) it just removed the expected delivery date altogether.... so I guess it'll either arrive today if the USPS does delivery on Sundays in their area or it'll arrive tomorrow.

Most don't. It's mainly a holidays thing for Nov/Dec.

• Like 1

Quick survey: How do people like having 2 months to paint vs 3?  Is that just an extra month to procrastinate, or would it help improve your painting or your chances of getting it out on time?

• Like 2

Quick survey: How do people like having 2 months to paint vs 3?  Is that just an extra month to procrastinate, or would it help improve your painting or your chances of getting it out on time?

I've only been involved in 2 exchanges so far, and I have made due date both times.

I do have the luxury of having the time available to paint 2-3 hours a day...

Personally, I would leave things alone, or extend the date from the 15th of the month to the 30th...

For Secret Sophie. I think I would back the start up by 1 month and have the ship date 15 Dec....

Just my opinion, feel free to ignore it!

George

• Like 3

Quick survey: How do people like having 2 months to paint vs 3? Is that just an extra month to procrastinate, or would it help improve your painting or your chances of getting it out on time?

Speaking for myself, I don't have extra time to paint, though these last few months were abnormal in that I ended up having to work weekends due to late projects at work. December is normally my "time to breathe" month. I took time off, and ended up with too much family aggro. :grr:

I can honestly use 3 months or more. I waffled on doing this at first because I know me. I take a while to do things and may sit out until I can get my speed up some.

Either is fine with me. This is the first I was REALLY Late for it but I've cut it close a couple of times too. Having even a week or two extra can help immenslly!

GF

I paint during the time frame, but work is currently eating up all of the time. With training new team members and monitoring the facility (which isn't even part of my job...) I was able to complete this one on time but haven't had a chance to send it out. Why? I end up leaving work at 7-8 pm, which is several hours after the post office closing. I also missed my weekend send out date because I forgot to set my alarm and woke up later than I should.

I gave the package to my sister in law since she has Monday off and is going to the post office anyway, it shall be sent tomorrow! (10 days after the deadline). Which is way better than my last exchange where it was almost 70 days later...(shakes head in disgust)

For myself, whether you increase the deadline or not, it won't help me due to work influences. XD

• Like 4

Honestly, 2 months is plenty of time. I am a terrible procrastinator and most of the time 2 or 3 months will not make a difference. This time I put off painting because I was waiting for things to ship. Then the craziness that is holiday time. Then it was overcoming the thinking that everything I've done is terrible and maybe I should just start over, but I'm out of time to do that too so I just get it done. Then realize it looks pretty good after all when I see it all together.

Only having 2 months just moves up that time table. And it allows for more wiggle room between exchanges assuming they happen roughly quarterly.

• Like 3

I've discovered I really don't like painting under a deadline, so I don't think it matters when it's due, I'm going to be late or finish at the last minute.

• Like 3

Since I've been doing these, I've been late 1x (by 1 day). 2 or 3 months either is good for me as I usually take about 2-3 weeks from start to finish to get done.

I am not usually late for anything ever! I would not have been late this time had it not been for circumstances beyond my control. Whatever time frame works for everyone else is good for me as I can paint whenever I feel like it.

• Like 1

2-3 months makes no difference unless I am stuck for inspiration and the timelines makes no difference then. 

• Like 3

Aaaargh the blending!!!

My eyes are crossing.

And realize I'm blending backwards, so taking a break, trying to kill my headache, making dinner, and saving data so I can resume the highlights after I complete the shadows. :grr:

• Like 3