Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

Woot, my package has finally escaped from New York and has a tracking update. Hopefully it will be out for delivery tomorrow.

Is it a Snake? Plissken

• Like 5

Woot, my package has finally escaped from New York and has a tracking update. Hopefully it will be out for delivery tomorrow.

Is it a Snake? Plissken

Nah, last time he escaped it was from LA.....

escapefromla.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday I came home to my Secret Sophie package from Guindyloo It made it safely through the snow storm or the winter witch summoned the snowfall and brought it with her. Here are the photos I took of Guindyloo's very striking paint job on Reaper's Winter Witch.

post-5971-0-59232800-1453855209_thumb.jpg

post-5971-0-81032900-1453855219_thumb.jpg

And of course a group shot of the gifts sent along which were wrapped so nicely with ghost ribbon. Thank you again Guindyloo I love everything and I may need to put in a random encounter for my current campaign to include the intro of the winter witch who just may become a new villain. 

post-5971-0-58657500-1453855199_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Wow, the Winter Witch was sure popular!  I think I counted three people who painted it.

In other news, there are only a handful of exchanges outstanding.  If you haven't received yours yet, just PM me for a status update.

• Like 5

The first portion of what I sent is getting Customs Clearance in the destination country! Someone should be getting a box of goodies soon! If you get a box from Reaper, it's from me!

• Like 7

Quick survey: How do people like having 2 months to paint vs 3?  Is that just an extra month to procrastinate, or would it help improve your painting or your chances of getting it out on time?

I'll procrastinate as long as i can ;)

• Like 6

Yeah, so... no painting for three nights in a row. :grr:

Monday I tried, but the kids wanted to paint. They want to so rarely I went ahead and said okay. They took over my station (not enough room) and that was that as I tried to teach how to thin paint, wash and prep, and use primer.

Tuesday, dinner took a while and then I spent the rest of the time cleaning up my paint area from the night before. Lessons in brush care. <_<

Wednesday was spent working in my mom's computer retrieving error logs.

Blearg.

• Like 5

Monday I tried, but the kids wanted to paint. They want to so rarely I went ahead and said okay. They took over my station (not enough room) and that was that as I tried to teach how to thin paint, wash and prep, and use primer.

Tuesday, dinner took a while and then I spent the rest of the time cleaning up my paint area from the night before. Lessons in brush care. <_<

Blearg.

Teach them the value and care of quality things early!

That way when they use your car.....

G

• Like 3

Blearg.

Keep your chin up and hopefully you can get some work done on it this week/weekend if things settle down for you.

• Like 3

Quick survey: How do people like having 2 months to paint vs 3?  Is that just an extra month to procrastinate, or would it help improve your painting or your chances of getting it out on time?

Depends. Sometimes I'm fast, sometimes...life happens.

• Like 2