Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

I painted today. Didn't get as much done as I wanted as factors such as my dominant hand deciding today to be a day of cramping + the older child wanting something repaired took up more time than I really wanted. :grr:

But the shadow shading is about 1/3 of the way done.

Oi but I picked a difficult mini. I thought it was going to be an easy one. :rolleyes: Silly me.

• Like 6

I received my Secret Sophie today from Chris! (Not sure which forum member is Chris).

It was a menagerie of minis and other things, plus an amazingly painted pirate-shark!

• Like 9

Quick pic of the Pirate Shark:

That's awesome!

What is even better, is that I am currently running a seafaring campaign!

• Like 8

Ours will be out this weekend. We just plan to grab a couple last items to toss into the box as an apology for being so late. It won't be much, but we feel guilty that RL got in the way of the exchange pretty heavily this time

• Like 4

Time constraints are pretty much the reason why I've only ever done the gift-only portion of Secret Sophie.  That said, my painting speed has improved a lot from doing a bunch of tabletop stuff, so I might do a painted exchange one day.  I don't paint regularly, I'll do a lot for a week and then nothing for a couple of months.  It makes painting to a deadline challenging. 

• Like 6

I really hope my partner received theirs. It should have made it by now and silly me lost the tracking number.

It arrived at my post office a few days ago. It wasn't delivered due to Ice and snow blocking my Mail Box. I picked up the backlog today including the Package you sent. Pics will be posted later today of my haul!

GF

• Like 5

Ok, so I said I would post pictures when I got the chance. I have been home for two weeks, finished my Secret Sophie painting and shopping for my partner. Am mostly back on Australian time and settled in. So here are pictures!

I didn't notice that the box was decorated until I got it home to Australia. They had pasted the customs slip over the picture so I carefully peeled it off. Even the box is a work of art!

post-14071-0-94309400-1454371574_thumb.jpg

Opening the box. The first thing I see is chocolates! Yum!

post-14071-0-26245100-1454371643_thumb.jpg

Next were these wonderful horses! I am still amazed at the detail of their tack...even little tassels!

post-14071-0-36603500-1454371677_thumb.jpg

Next is this chariot that King Tut would envy! I am afraid to try and paint it!

post-14071-0-99325100-1454371789_thumb.jpg

The painted minis. Tosek's pictures in the show off thread are much better! This photo doesn't do them justice.

post-14071-0-98412300-1454371861_thumb.jpg

And finally, a whole pile of goodies to paint! In the box not pictured are also some plasticard and assorted building/basing materials.

post-14071-0-24342800-1454371940_thumb.jpg

Here is the link to the show off thread with Tosek's photos. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66402-secret-sophie-from-tosek-aka-egyptian-awesomeness/?hl=devourer

Thanks again, Tosek! I got a new tool box as an early birthday gift for all of my paints and stuff. One whole tray is full of the minis you sent as they are next in queue to receive paint. Well, except the chariot. Still working up to that one!

• Like 12