Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

2015 Secret Sophie / Winter Exchange - CHATTER Thread!

Feeling horrible I am running so behind. :down:

Every time I try and set aside time, something happens. Currently I have sick kids (one with RSV, the other might get it; it's highly contagious). Weekend was a wash but I finally got my mom's new computer up and going (still have to transfer files) and managed to get some painting in today. I think I'm about 45% done on the shadow blends.

I am very sorry for the delay. The final package will make up for it. I am going to make one adjustment to part of final package that will cut at least a week down to two days. My final vision won't suffer for the adjustment, and I may make another change if I can find an appropriate substitute in order to shave time off.

• Like 6

do not worry Aryanun if your partner was concerned they would have said something.  We all know real life steps in and having Kids at home just adds more to the mix (mine are grown and moved out...ahhhhh the peace...ring ring..what you need money..sigh)

Take your time and relax.. this is meant to be fun/// and I am sure your recipient will like it.  (it could even be me as I am still watching the mailbox :devil:   )

• Like 6

I'm glad both my recipients received their packages! Life, a friend's wedding, and a snowstorm held me up getting them out. I'm even happier that they like them!

• Like 5

Feeling horrible I am running so behind. :down:

No worries. Life happens and the living munchkins are more important than mini painting. Try not to stress and it will happen when it happens.

• Like 5

I received my painted part of the exchange from Inarah! I didn't have time to post a picture...but hopefully I can by tomorrow. An excellent version of Astrid, with an adorable lil addition. Very beautifully done, well worth the wait! If you have pictures handy Inarah, please post up, especially as they'd be better than my phone pic.

• Like 6

I received my painted part of the exchange from Inarah! I didn't have time to post a picture...but hopefully I can by tomorrow. An excellent version of Astrid, with an adorable lil addition. Very beautifully done, well worth the wait! If you have pictures handy Inarah, please post up, especially as they'd be better than my phone pic.

Awesome!

About to head out and ship the packages from Tesk and I. My packing tape went hiding and we could not find it and had to go buy another since we got taxes, but they are out today

• Like 4

Ok, so I said I would post pictures when I got the chance.

[...]

Thanks again, Tosek! I got a new tool box as an early birthday gift for all of my paints and stuff. One whole tray is full of the minis you sent as they are next in queue to receive paint. Well, except the chariot. Still working up to that one!

Back from skiing holiday, I just saw the show-off.

You're welcome and probably the best gift receiver one can be assigned to: helpful wisher, overall friendly, enthusiastic, grateful and responsive.

Let me say it was a pleasure!

:)

P.S.: Please don't paint the chariot last. I'm really excited how it will come out painted.

Edited by Tosek
  • Like 4

Ok, so I said I would post pictures when I got the chance.

[...]

Thanks again, Tosek! I got a new tool box as an early birthday gift for all of my paints and stuff. One whole tray is full of the minis you sent as they are next in queue to receive paint. Well, except the chariot. Still working up to that one!

Back from skiing holiday, I just saw the show-off.

You're welcome and probably the best gift receiver one can be assigned to: helpful wisher, overall friendly, enthusiastic, grateful and responsive.

Let me say it was a pleasure!

:)

P.S.: Please don't paint the chariot last. I'm really excited how it will come out painted.

Awww!

I have been looking at many many pictures of chariots and chariot depictions trying to decide a color scheme. I probably won't do all gold as the bright colors are too tempting! I have also been trying to decide what color the horses should be. Haha! So, it won't be painted right away but it is in the planning stages. It will also need a cool base! I just want to do it justice!

• Like 4

Oh also, the painted minis have made it to destination country as of 10:37 am Tuesday Feb 9!  Here's hoping all goes well and they are delivered soon!

• Like 3

If I recall correctly that would be Tesk. She had trouble thinking up what to send you for a long while. Her brain just stuttered on it. Glad you like them all though.

I did get photos of him before she sent him out. Not great ones as I was rushing. She was praying he came out alright as he had more detail than she expected.

c3bc2a28-bda3-4e5b-8023-4f425df7d353_zps

• Like 7